Link to client area from admin client summary page

SeanP

Is there a way to create a link in the admin, under the client summary page, that will log you in as the client and take you directly to a client area page?  In the past this was possible, but I'm not sure how to do it now.

In the past, it was something like:

<a href="../dologin.php?username={$clientsdetails.email|urlencode}&goto=clientarea.php%3Faction%3D{whatever}">

Edited by SeanP

17 hours ago, SeanP said:

Is there a way to create a link in the admin, under the client summary page, that will log you in as the client and take you directly to a client area page?  In the past this was possible, but I'm not sure how to do it now.

to a specific client area page as opposed to just using the "Login As Owner" link to take you to the client area homepage ?

Yes.  It was possible in the past to do the same a “Login as Owner”, but take you directly to a specific page.  Unfortunately, this doesn’t appear to be possible anymore.  I asked WHMCS, and got the following response:

“Due to changes in WHMCS v8, including the introduction of users and the authentication process, creating a link such as that is no longer possible. Previously you would be able to log in as any client, without knowing the password, if logged in as an admin. With the introduction of users, that is no longer the case.

There is a new Login as Owner option, which will automatically log in as the user that is the owner of the client, but you cannot specify a specific page to redirect to.”

42 minutes ago, SeanP said:

Yes.  It was possible in the past

you could chisel that epitaph on WHMCS' gravestone... ⚰️

44 minutes ago, SeanP said:

Unfortunately, this doesn’t appear to be possible anymore.

I would have thought not impossible, just more difficult.

44 minutes ago, SeanP said:

“Due to changes in WHMCS v8, including the introduction of users and the authentication process, creating a link such as that is no longer possible. Previously you would be able to log in as any client, without knowing the password, if logged in as an admin. With the introduction of users, that is no longer the case.

There is a new Login as Owner option, which will automatically log in as the user that is the owner of the client, but you cannot specify a specific page to redirect to.”

well if Support ever tell you something is not possible, then don't necessarily accept that view as gospel... they're often wrong on things like this.

if you always wanted to be redirected to a specific page when logging in as an owner, then you could use a CAPH hook that detects if it's an admin masquerading as a client logging in - that might also require a slight navbar hook to simplify later visits to the homepage.. but fundamentally I think it would work.

in practice, unless you're going to need this often, then it's probably just simpler to login as owner as usual and manually go to the page you want.