Product ID needed on order emails and invoices

I need to include the product ID on order emails and invoices as descriptions are simply too vague. I have to say that having noticed this I'm very surprised that this isnt already the case and that in the admin area the items in the order arent hyperlinked back to the actual product

I can see that the product ID is stored in tblhosting using the orderid as packageid but I really don't know where to start to have it included in order emails and invoices

Any help greatly appreciated

1 hour ago, MrGettingRatherFrustrated said:

I need to include the product ID on order emails and invoices as descriptions are simply too vague.

invoices themselves or invoice emails ?

I have to say that having noticed this I'm very surprised that this isnt already the case

very? I thought you had learnt to accept the bizarre design omissions and weirdness within WHMCS! 🙂

in the admin area the items in the order aren't hyperlinked back to the actual product

they would be hyperlinked back to the purchased service/addon/domain, not to the specific original product.

kHwxP7Y.png

I can see that the product ID is stored in tblhosting using the orderid as packageid

not quite - the orderid value will link with the id value in tblorders; whereas the packageid value will link with the id value in tblproducts.

but I really don't know where to start to have it included in order emails and invoices

to include a value in the email templates, then that's an EmailPreSend hook.. to modify an existing value would be the same too.