Recover Deleted Account?

Hello, with the new WHMCS 8, it seems some "inactive" users/clients/contacts were deleted? And what does classify as "inactive"? If they don't pay, or if they dont have an active service or if they don't login to WHMCS?

For example, we have an affiliate account that only contact us once a year to request payment, but now his account disappeared. Error message: Oops! HTTP Method Not Allowed Invalid Request

Is there any way to find them in the Database and make them "active" again?

20 minutes ago, hkhost said:

Hello, with the new WHMCS 8, it seems some "inactive" users/clients/contacts were deleted?

are they deleted or just hidden? Inactive clients will be hidden by default on some pages.

https://blog.whmcs.com/133522/feature-spotlight-hide-inactive-clients

21 minutes ago, hkhost said:

And what does classify as "inactive"? If they don't pay, or if they dont have an active service or if they don't login to WHMCS?

rather unhelpfully...

We define an inactive client as any client whose status within the client profile is not set to "Active".

perhaps a clearer explanation about what the automation in the cron can do to that status...

https://docs.whmcs.com/Automation_Settings#Client_Status_Update

WHMCS automatically sets clients with no active products or services to Inactive status. This helps you to distinguish and filter clients effectively. However, you can stop WHMCS from doing this by changing this setting. More information on this feature is available in Client Management.

• Disabled — The system won't change the status of a client automatically.
  • Change client status based on active/inactive products — If a client has no active or suspended products or services, the system will automatically set their account to Inactive status the next time that the cron job runs.
  • Change client status based on active/inactive products and not logged in for longer than 3 months — In addition to the above option, the system will only set a client's account to inactive when their last login date was over 3 months ago.
24 minutes ago, hkhost said:

For example, we have an affiliate account that only contact us once a year to request payment, but now his account disappeared. Error message: Oops! HTTP Method Not Allowed Invalid Request

Is there any way to find them in the Database and make them "active" again?

an affiliate is a client - so just try disabling Inactive Clients in the client list and see if they appear (turn to OFF).....

YvskZCN.png

I would be surprised if actual deletion has occurred, so hopefully they're just hidden because they're inactive.

10 hours ago, brian! said:

are they deleted or just hidden? Inactive clients will be hidden by default on some pages

Hi brian! Thanks a lot for the reply, but not hidded, of course I checked :)

In the search bar we can see the client account and code number.

1.png.fcb57d862e4b4a77cd9c92cfc2840db2.png

But after click, we get the error message:

2.png.9b8cd262acab395c1798afd415912f72.png

So it seems the account was deleted correct? Is there any way to recover it?

Thanks

7 hours ago, hkhost said:

Hi brian! Thanks a lot for the reply, but not hidden, of course I checked 🙂

you didn't mention that you had - best to rule out the obvious things first! 🙂

In the search bar we can see the client account and code number.

not to nitpick, but you can see a user not a client - #7375 is a user, who is not a client or a contact.

in your eyes, what should they be? or probably easier to answer, what were they in v7 - a client, a sub-account, or just a contact ?? I would assume a sub-account to a client if this user existed back then... if they were an affiliate, then I think they should still have been a client after the upgrade..

So it seems the account was deleted correct?

if something didn't exist, then the search box wouldn't have found anything.

the user is in the tblusers database table - should they be associated with an existing client ?

Is there any way to recover it?

I think the best immediate step is this - do not do anything to the database... there may be absolutely nothing wrong, it might just be a configuration setting error, e.g Friendly URLs setting.

worst-case scenario, something has gone wrong during the update process - but even if you have a v7 database backup, then some of the tables in v8 wouldn't have existed in v7, so restoring missing data might not be straightforward.

personally, at this stage, I wouldn't panic - if it were me, i'd be inspecting tables to see if they really are missing - though I appreciate you may not be able or want to do that...  focussing on #7375, what was he in v7 ?

ultimately, you may need to open a ticket with Support and let them figure it out.