Invoice VAT Code display on non european countries

Hello everyone.

As deeper I go into this VAT issues as deeper it seems the issues 😞 . 

I need to display VAT Code "Your Tax ID/VAT Number" from vat settings, only to european countries. 

Upon checking and creating an invoice for a country outside europe - Australia, will keep display that code. Accountant said that this is not correct and it should be not displaid.

Any ideas to solve this issues ? Thank you in advance

On 19/04/2021 at 12:55, koko20212021 said:

Any ideas to solve this issues ?

that sounds like you need a ClientAreaPageViewInvoice action hook for the HTML invoice that nulls $taxCode if the client resides in an European country (though I assume you mean EU specifically).

for the PDF template, you would have to edit the template and wrap the $taxCode output in a condition that checks if the client is in the EU, and only if so does the taxcode get shown.

On 4/19/2021 at 1:55 PM, koko20212021 said:

I need to display VAT Code "Your Tax ID/VAT Number" from vat settings, only to european countries. 

Since when the invoices were only printed on paper and sent by surface postservice, have always been written on pre-formatted paper... where there was also a box like "customer tax id", or something like that...
If the customer had not a tax it, the box was left empty.
And no accountant in the world ever claim about it.
So: a customer has tax id? Report it in the invoice.
A customer has not? Leave just the mark "Tax ID" and leave it empty.

NOTE: AFAIK, fiscal rules worldwide tax rules always specify minimum requirements for invoices, but never prohibit entering additional data.
If you want to put an advertising slogan, the customer's email address, or their Rotary membership number on it, no tax office in the world will find a complaint about it.
So, I guess your accountant is wrong. 

20 minutes ago, Remitur said:

Since when the invoices were only printed on paper and sent by surface postservice, have always been written on pre-formatted paper... where there was also a box like "customer tax id", or something like that...
If the customer had not a tax it, the box was left empty.
And no accountant in the world ever claim about it.
So: a customer has tax id? Report it in the invoice.
A customer has not? Leave just the mark "Tax ID" and leave it empty.

NOTE: AFAIK, fiscal rules worldwide tax rules always specify minimum requirements for invoices, but never prohibit entering additional data.
If you want to put an advertising slogan, the customer's email address, or their Rotary membership number on it, no tax office in the world will find a complaint about it.
So, I guess your accountant is wrong. 

Sounds cool, unfortinatley here is totally different :(((

My situation is, I have company ID #A ( for example ) 

ID #A is available only in Romania and Rest of the world - Except European Countries.

ID #B is a second id my company has, only for European countries. 

So i need to: 

display ID #A to Romania & Rest of the world
display ID #B to European countries

I need to make a hook to switch these 2 codes , based on user country , i supose

PS I will also probably consult other accountants

Edited by koko20212021
had to explain

18 hours ago, koko20212021 said:

I need to make a hook to switch these 2 codes , based on user country , i supose

sounds like you only have to worry about #B - if client country in EU (except RO), then value = X, else value = Y

this would need to be both a hook (for the HTML invoice) and a direct edit to the invoicepdf template - in both cases, you're just creating an array of EU 2-letter country codes and then comparing the client's country code to see if its in the array.