Active template in hook

Hello all,

Is there any global variable that I can use in a hook code to determine the active template name? eg I need to execute a hook but only if the template is the Twenty-one.

Much better if I can restrict the hook execution if the template is twenty-one or child of twenty-one

Thank you

Chris

Edited by WHMUp

1 hour ago, WHMUp said:

Is there any global variable that I can use in a hook code to determine the active template name? eg I need to execute a hook but only if the template is the Twenty-one.

$template should equal the name of the theme being used - even if it's a child.

2 hours ago, WHMUp said:

Much better if I can restrict the hook execution if the template is twenty-one or child of twenty-one

well if $template = "twenty-one", then it's probably safe assume that they haven't renamed Six to 21 for fun....

the problem will be determining child themes based on 21 - I can see that the parent name of the child theme is in the $theme object, but it's protected - it might be worth contacting support to see if there is a built-in method to access these values.