Automatic Domain Renewal

Hi

We provide a free domain with hosting accounts. The Domain is listed in the client's account as £0.00 cost.

If the hosting is due on 1st June, an invoice is raised for the hosting, on the 1st May, with the 1st June Due Date.
When the hosting invoice is created, a domain renewal invoice is created, and the domain renewal is processed.
If the client does not renew the hosting, we have paid for a renewal that the client does not pay for.

How do I ensure that the domain is not renewed if the hosting is not renewed? Ideally, I want the domain to only renew when the hosting invoice is paid.

Thanks in Advance.

2 hours ago, PatInt said:

How do I ensure that the domain is not renewed if the hosting is not renewed? Ideally, I want the domain to only renew when the hosting invoice is paid.

the problem will be the domain pricing being set at zero, as that will be automatically paid and, if enabled, the renewal will occur with the registrar.

if the hosting and domain due dates are the same (as well as the payment gateway, then I would suggest the following...

https://docs.whmcs.com/Domains_Configuration#Offering_Free_Domain_Registration_with_Selected_Packages

With WHMCS, you are able to offer free domains with your packages clients purchase them with certain payment terms. For example, you might want to offer a free domain when a client purchases an annual package.

To do this:

1. Go to Configuration () > System Settings > Products/Services > Products/Services.
  2. Click the edit icon next to the product or service that you want to offer a free domain with.
  3. Select the Free Domain tab from the tabs at the top of the page.
  4. Choose the type of free domain you want to offer: either the first year free and to renew as normal or for the lifetime of the package.
  5. Select the payment terms (or billing cycles) that you want to offer with the free domain. Press Ctrl when clicking the options to select more than one.
  6. Select which TLDs the free domain offer applies to. This allows you to exclude high priced TLDs such as .tv. Press Ctrl while clicking the options to select more than one.
  7. Click the Save Changes button.

Now, this package won't charge the user for the domain when their order meets the specified criteria.

As long as the payment method for the domain and the hosting account is the same, and the next due date is the same, when generating the next invoice (based on the settings in your Automation settings), WHMCS will invoice for the hosting and the domain on the same invoice. When this you receive payment for the invoice, WHMCS will (if your settings allow this in Configuration () > General Settings > Domains) automatically renew your clients domain for a further period. The hosting account and domain's next due date will automatically change to the next period.

Thanks Brian.

I have everything set and it's offering a free domain, as per 1 to 7 above.

The part (based on the settings in your Automation settings) is what seems to be the issue. Do you know what they mean by this? It's the part that seems to be the issue.