Simple Question - Why are my files not overriding the parent theme!??

bluesteam

Hello,

I just cant figure this out. I have created a custom template as per this tutorial: https://developers.whmcs.com/themes/child-themes/

Here is the file structure that I have created.

image.png.ce99dcb29e08249cdabfc9224bcd24dc.pngimage.png.584df9702cdeaf5510f055aa72703835.png  

image.png.2dd1a8550ca6cfa5bd3961766b8c5e1e.png

image.png.3d1ad376e96ba1f18eb011156203b8bb.png

image.thumb.png.fab72b21bfbfeaad85457375a4588d67.png

It's simple, I want to change the radio button to a different color so i edited the original blue.png file to the colors I want and then uploaded the new file to my css folder EXACTLY how it is in the parent folder but the image is not overriden.

In the above screenshot, you  can see it is still loading the image from the parent and not the child theme.

And yes, I have applied the new orderform template in General Settings -> Ordering

I have cleared caches, I have tried different browsers and even checked the URL on the page that loads.  It is still the image from the parent that gets loaded.

What am I missing??  Please can someone help?

4 hours ago, bluesteam said:

It's simple, I want to change the radio button to a different color so i edited the original blue.png file to the colors I want and then uploaded the new file to my css folder EXACTLY how it is in the parent folder but the image is not overriden.

if the URL of the image file is defined in all.min.css, did you upload a modified all.min.css in the child css folder or redefine the url in a custom.css?

13 hours ago, brian! said:

if the URL of the image file is defined in all.min.css, did you upload a modified all.min.css in the child css folder or redefine the url in a custom.css?

I tried those things  too but they didn't take effect either.

I eventually gave up with the parent child and copied EVERYTHING over from six in to my custom template and then ran a search and replace and edited all the files to reflect my new template name.

things are working but the parent child relationship is completely borked!