Password Strength check - how to make it work w/ copy & paste

cluster

3 hours ago, cluster said:

If a client try to copy their PW into the from the Password Strength does not work or trigger the strength meter also send button is not shown when copy PW into the field.

using a custom theme? can't they just click the generate button and then "copy to clipboard and insert" ? i'm not seeing this on v8.1 with Six.

7 minutes ago, brian! said:

using a custom theme? can't they just click the generate button and then "copy to clipboard and insert" ? i'm not seeing this on v8.1 with Six.

Hi Brian!

yep, custom theme (ecohosting) I guess this caused by JS scripts ... or could it work by replacing only the PW reset templates with those from the six theme?

22 hours ago, cluster said:

yep, custom theme (ecohosting) I guess this caused by JS scripts ...

HTML or WP? looks like the HTML version might not have been updated for a few months, WP has - either way, best to check you're using the latest release for your WHMCS installed version.

22 hours ago, cluster said:

or could it work by replacing only the PW reset templates with those from the six theme?

you could rename the relevant eco templates, and copy the Six versions over and test again - if it works, then use them for now; if not, delete and rename the eco templates back to their original filenames.

also, check if there is an online demo for eco where you can reach this page feature.

Edited by brian!

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I had to remove  following part to allow copy & paste a new PW into the input fileds:

using-password-strength
{include file="$template/includes/pwstrength.tpl"}

now I need to add a html validation into the user-password.tpl

pattern="[A-Za-z0-9-+#_]+" oninvalid="this.setCustomValidity('Please enter 8 characters')" oninput="setCustomValidity('')"

but when I add the length check it does not work anymore

{8,20}

how can I make the pattern check work w/ a length check 

it seems to work:

<input type="password" class="form-control" name="newpw" id="inputNewPassword1" autocomplete="off" pattern="{literal}^(?=.*[a-z])(?=.*[A-Z])(?=.*\d)(?=.*[@$!%*?&-+#_])[A-Za-z\d@$!%*?&-+#_]{8,}${/literal}" oninvalid="this.setCustomValidity('Please enter 8 valid characters')" oninput="setCustomValidity('')" />

is that feasible and correct?