Associated User Cannot Email Support Department

VinceM

Hello,

I added an associated user to my client's account which is one of his employees.  I then gave them permission to view and open tickets.  The new employee can log into his account and open and respond to tickets from within WHMCS, however, when he tries to email the support department, it is rejected and the log status stating "Unregistered Email Address" . Am I missing a configuration somewhere?  Since they are a registered user, they should be able to respond to the ticket via email just like they owner does correct? 

I am using version 8.1.

I added an associated user to my client's account which is one of his employees.  I then gave them permission to view and open tickets.  The new employee can log into his account and open and respond to tickets from within WHMCS, however, when he tries to email the support department, it is rejected and the log status stating "Unregistered Email Address" . Am I missing a configuration somewhere?  Since they are a registered user, they should be able to respond to the ticket via email just like they owner does correct?  

Oddly enough, when I add the user to the contacts section as well, the user can then email the support department and respond to tickets (as a sub account).  So right now I am adding them both as an associated user and also as a sub account under contacts.

• WHMCS Support Manager

Hi @VinceM

In v8 and above, the authentication aspect has been moved out from Contacts over to Users. Email settings remain at the Contact level.

To have ticket notification emails sent and facilitate replying via email, please also add the desired email address as a Contact and tick the Ticket related email option.