Remove registrant contact information from client area domain contact

massa

Hello everyone, 

I need assistance with the hook. I want to remove "Registrant" contact information and possibility to change it by client from client area >domain details> domain contact.  Remain contact  as Admin, Tect.. I want to leave there.

Thanks in advance.

This operation is called "trade", and it's not done by a hook: it's a matter of the Registrar Module you're using, not of WHMCS itself.

Even more: for some TLDs, this kind of operation may be unlawful, or require further steps from Registrant to approve (i.e. .com), or may be billed by the Registry (i.e. .au), or even be simply impossible (i.e. for .ru the trade is done on the site of the Registry, and has to be done by the Registrant himself)

Thank you for reply. In my case, my State register does not allow change of the  domain registrant, at least not in this way.  I will try disable this option  via EPP registrar module. 

Edited by massa

On 09/01/2021 at 10:56, massa said:

please can you help with this. 

technically, I suppose you could prevent a registrant from modifying their contact info from the client area (e.g hide the content), but as remitur says, you could be on very dodgy legal ground if you were to manipulate the existing records to say assign the registrant details to yourself.

Hello Brian,

as I mentioned above, I have to ban the change of Registrant and Admin contact because for my state domain the rules are not the same as for the international dimain names. The change of the Registrant, the Owner of the domain, is charged by the Registry, and certain documentation is submitted for the act of change. So the change is done on the registry website, and I have to disable that feature in WHMCS. So, it is not against the law to ban it, but in my case it is against the law if I leave the possibility for the user to replace data that he should not be able to change, because not everyone has the right to register a state domain in my Country.

Best regards!

Edited by massa

On 11/01/2021 at 17:02, massa said:

So the change is done on the registry website, and I have to disable that feature in WHMCS.

well you could use a hook to redirect them away from the domain contact info page to another URL...

<?php

# Redirect From Domain Contact Details Hook
# Written by brian!

function domain_contact_info_hook($vars) {
	header("Location: clientarea.php?action=domains");
	exit;
}
add_hook("ClientAreaPageDomainContacts", 1, "domain_contact_info_hook");

and then you might need to look at removing links to that contact info page from the sidebar (hook or CSS *), and the clientareadomains page - probably easier to edit template (or make child template... a CSS hook would be convoluted I think.

#Primary_Sidebar-Domain_Details_Management-Domain_Contacts {display: none !important;}

On 1/12/2021 at 6:05 PM, brian! said:

well you could use a hook to redirect them away from the domain contact info page to another URL...

<?php

# Redirect From Domain Contact Details Hook
# Written by brian!

function domain_contact_info_hook($vars) {
	header("Location: clientarea.php?action=domains");
	exit;
}
add_hook("ClientAreaPageDomainContacts", 1, "domain_contact_info_hook");

and then you might need to look at removing links to that contact info page from the sidebar (hook or CSS *), and the clientareadomains page - probably easier to edit template (or make child template... a CSS hook would be convoluted I think.

#Primary_Sidebar-Domain_Details_Management-Domain_Contacts {display: none !important;}

Thank you Brian!