Client Area Modifications Are Impossible

There are two items I'd like to get rid of or change in my client area but since the clientarea.php is encrypted it's not practical to do.

1) I use a knowledge base within my website so I never filled out any of the WHMCS knowledge base articles. So I'd like to make this a link to my site's knowledge base.

2) The link for #2 below goes to {my web address}/index.php?rp=/route-not-defined . I'm not sure what it is supposed to go to, but it currently goes to a page that shows an error. I'd like to modify the link to go to a promo on my website.

whmcs.png.369a84d11d2321eb46658fde96803be0.png

18 hours ago, Arf said:

There are two items I'd like to get rid of or change in my client area but since the clientarea.php is encrypted it's not practical to do.

as Kian says, forget about accessing the .php files - concentrate on what you can use - templates, css and hooks.

18 hours ago, Arf said:

1) I use a knowledge base within my website so I never filled out any of the WHMCS knowledge base articles. So I'd like to make this a link to my site's knowledge base.

I would have thought it would have been cleaner to make the existing kb link in the navbar redirect to your external kb site - that's just a simple navbar hook that will have been posted many times.

if you wanted to hide the kb search field, then that could be done by editing the template as Kian suggests, or even by just using CSS.

.home-kb-search {display: none !important;}

TBo0Kh8.png

if you wanted to make the search function search your remote kb site instead, then that might be possible with hooks or template edits - but that's more dependant on your external kb search options rather than anything in WHMCS.

19 hours ago, Arf said:

2) The link for #2 below goes to {my web address}/index.php?rp=/route-not-defined . I'm not sure what it is supposed to go to, but it currently goes to a page that shows an error. I'd like to modify the link to go to a promo on my website.

well those promo banners are usually in an animated slider, but I assume you only have Marketgoo enabled in your setup...

I think that learn more link can be redirected by tweaking the URL in the product group setup for Marketgoo...

https://docs.whmcs.com/Product_Groups#Product_Group_Information

I would expect the correct URL to be index.php?rp=/store/marketgoo - but if you don't have MG enabled, then you might get redirected to the opening group of the cart... also, if wanting to link outside of a store page, then that might require a custom hook.

Wow, this is very helpful info. Is there a reference to know which template file controls which page on the site? I'm not sure how I could have figured out that templates/{YOUR_TEMPLATE}/clientareahome.tpl controls that particular page.

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, brian! said:

I think that learn more link can be redirected by tweaking the URL in the product group setup for Marketgoo...

https://docs.whmcs.com/Product_Groups#Product_Group_Information

I would expect the correct URL to be index.php?rp=/store/marketgoo - but if you don't have MG enabled, then you might get redirected to the opening group of the cart... also, if wanting to link outside of a store page, then that might require a custom hook.

I do have the product enabled. I do have a correct URL in the product group details (thanks for suggesting I check that). When I copy that URL it's perfect ( {MYSITEURL}/index.php?rp=/store/marketgoo ). So I don't think the link is pulling from the Product Group info.  In the Edit Products/Service for Marketgoo (pro and light) there's a "Links" tab but the info there is the same as above and works fine.  This isn't life or death but it does appear to be a challenge to find.

58 minutes ago, Arf said:

Is there a reference to know which template file controls which page on the site?

not that i'm aware of... though often the template file name will make some sense as to where its used.

36 minutes ago, Arf said:

So I don't think the link is pulling from the Product Group info.

in hindsight, i'm inclined to agree - you could try playing with the Friendly URLs settings to see if that changes the link value.

as I said, the link can be changed with a hook, but you shouldn't need one for the default link to work.