Conversion Tag Error in complete.tpl

Hi everyone,
i'm having some problem with a conversion tag for an affiliate platform (Tradedoubler).
When i complete an order, the affiliate platform doesn't show that was completed by an affiliate program.

Before i start i have to specify that i use WHMCS Bridge on Wordpress.

This is the code that Tradedoubler gave to me

<!-- Start TradeDoubler Landing Page Tag Insert on all landing pages to handle first party cookie-->
<script language="JavaScript">
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['TDConversionObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)})(window,document,'script', 'https://svht.tradedoubler.com/tr_sdk.js', 'tdconv');
</script>
<!-- End TradeDoubler tag-->

I insert this first part in the Google Tag Manager, with a variable to handle first part cookie. (as suggested by Tradedoubler)

Than this is the second part, for the conversion tag

<!-- Start TradeDoubler Conversion Tag Insert on confirmation Page -->
<script language="JavaScript">
tdconv('init', '2269371', {'element': 'iframe' });
tdconv('track', 'sale', {'transactionId':'[ORDER_NUMBER]', 'ordervalue':[ORDER_VALUE], 'voucher':'[VOUCHER_CODE]', 'currency':'EUR', 'event':404916});
</script>

I installed this in complete.tpl in the suggested part of {if $ispaid}.
I also need to insert the total import of the order and the Order ID from WHMCS in the script.

From what i found on the internet, i've adapted the code as follows:

{if $ispaid}
                <!-- Enter any HTML code which should be displayed when a user has completed checkout here -->
                <!-- Common uses of this include conversion and affiliate tracking scripts -->
                {literal}
                <script language="javascript">
                    tdconv('track', 'sale', {'transactionId':'{$orderid}', 'ordervalue':'{$total}', 'voucher':'', 'currency':'EUR','event':404916});
                </script>
                {/literal}
{/if}

I had to insert {literal} because without it, the page became totally white...

Where is the error? It's two days that i try to resolve it 😫

• WHMCS Developer

The {literal} tags stop any smarty parsing.

That means, that the {$orderid} etc in your logic would never display.

I would recommend taking out the literal tags, and replacing use of { and } anywhere you don't have a smarty variable with the {ldelim} and {rdelim} appropriately.

See https://www.smarty.net/docs/en/language.function.ldelim.tpl for more information on that.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks for your help,

i don't know if this is correct, but it gaves me again a white screen

{if $ispaid}
                <!-- Enter any HTML code which should be displayed when a user has completed checkout here -->
                 {and}
                {ldelim}
                    tdconv('track', 'sale', {'transactionId':'{$orderid}', 'ordervalue':'{$amount}', 'voucher':'', 'currency':'EUR', 'event':404916});
                {rdelim}
                </script>
                {/and}
            {/if}

• WHMCS Developer

Hi,

I think you confused what you needed to do.

Remove the {literal} tags completely.

Then, in the javascript, replace any { and } that aren't smarty, with the delims.

I didn't mean for you to use {and}

{if $ispaid}
                    tdconv('init', '2269371', {ldelim}'element': 'iframe' {rdelim});
                    tdconv('track', 'sale', {ldelim}'transactionId':'{$orderid}', 'ordervalue':'{$total}', 'voucher':'', 'currency':'EUR','event':404916{rdelim});
                </script>
{/if}

• 1 month later...

Hi @greenorahosting

I've been reading this and I'm having the same issue. 

I wanna start working with an affiliate network (similar to tradedoubler) but I do not understand how to:

1. Paste the Google Tag Manager

2. Paste the pixel to track the sales 

3. Share with the the Order ID and the Sales Amount.

I would really appreciate if you could give me a hint or help me.

Thanks in advance

D.