Paypal Checkout

kipperjp

Is it just me or does anyone else have issues with PayPal checkout taking center stage in the checkout process over other payment gateways? With PayPal checkout it prominent before the checkout page before you see any other payment options. This bothers me - especially the Debit or Credit Card option. I would rather customers uses our merchant gateway instead of PayPal to pay via credit card.

Why is this a problem? 2 reasons - 1. it gives PayPal unfair advantage over other gateways and 2. PayPal fraud check is dismal. You get charged charge back fee if customer uses credit card through PayPal and you have no way to differentiate when a new order comes through.

I think we should at least have an option to disable this PayPal option and let them choose this option on the checkout page along with the other gateway options.

John

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 8.49.07 AM.png

21 hours ago, kipperjp said:

I would rather customers uses our merchant gateway instead of PayPal to pay via credit card.

it looks as though you are using PayPal Checkout...

https://docs.whmcs.com/PayPal_Checkout

21 hours ago, kipperjp said:

I think we should at least have an option to disable this PayPal option and let them choose this option on the checkout page along with the other gateway options.

you could disable Checkout as an option and use PayPal Basic instead (which was the PayPal gateway in WHMCS before Checkout was added in v7.9) and that would just be included with the other payment gateway options at checkout....

https://docs.whmcs.com/PayPal_Basic

Yes thats the most obvious solution using PayPal basic which is what im doing. But thats not acceptable. PayPal basic uses legacy methods which probably has an expiration date...

I want to use the PayPal check out mainly because it handles multi-currency without having to convert.

I suppose you could NULL the $gatewaysoutput array with a hook (as I assume that's what's displaying the PP code) or hide it with CSS and then only the continue button would be shown... specifically removing the card option from the output might be possible, but i'd need to double check the array.