Nominet Transfers

pjs32

1 minute ago, pjs32 said:

I have tried your hook and it remove the fields, but when pressing continue, up comes this error

lol I never thought to press continue - that's WHMCS Testing Dept level of competence on my part... apologies.  🙄

that being the case, I think you have two options - remove the requirement of that field from the ADF (following the instructions to create a custom file etc) - though that could lead to the field not being filled during registrations (without more coding to make it required), or I modify the hook to insert a dummy value into that required field.

which way do you want to go?

3 minutes ago, brian! said:

lol I never thought to press continue - that's WHMCS Testing Dept level of competence on my part... apologies.  🙄

that being the case, I think you have two options - remove the requirement of that field from the ADF (following the instructions to create a custom file etc) - though that could lead to the field not being filled during registrations (without more coding to make it required), or I modify the hook to insert a dummy value into that required field.

which way do you want to go?

Hi Brian!

This would be good,if you could do..

or I modify the hook to insert a dummy value into that required field.

2 hours ago, pjs32 said:

I modify the hook to insert a dummy value into that required field.

the hook itself is simple enough - tweak the Reg Name field with a dummy value and make it hidden... but I can't think of an obvious way in the hook to hide the fieldname... aaagh!

2qJ3S4G.png

I can't rename it as it's a required field - and even if I could, there's a colon hardcoded in the template... hiding via css would be tricky as there could be registrations and transfers on the same page...

so I think the simplest solution for now is a hook that does the donkey work of the array manipulation and a simple Smarty if statement in the configuredomains.tpl template.

<?php

# Nominet Transfer ADF Hook v2
# Written by brian!

function nominet_transfer_adf_hook($vars)
{
	if ($vars['templatefile']=='configuredomains'){
		$domains = $vars['domains'];
		foreach ($domains as $key => $domain) {
			$tld = substr($domain['domain'],strrpos($domain['domain'],"."));
			if ($_SESSION['cart']['domains'][$key]['type'] == "transfer" && $tld == ".uk") {
				$domains[$key]['type'] = 'transfer';
				foreach ($domain['fields'] as $fieldkey => $value) {
					if ($fieldkey == 'Registrant Name') {
						$domains[$key]['fields']['Registrant Name'] = str_replace('value=""','value="dummy"',$value);
						$domains[$key]['fields']['Registrant Name'] = str_replace('type="text"','type="hidden"',$domains[$key]['fields']['Registrant Name']);
					}
					else {
						unset($domains[$key]['fields'][$fieldkey]);
					}
				}
			}
		}
		return array("domains" => $domains);
	}
}
add_hook("ClientAreaPageCart", 1, "nominet_transfer_adf_hook");

and then in the template...

<div class="col-sm-4">{$domainfieldname}:</div>

becomes...

<div class="col-sm-4">{if $domain.type neq 'transfer'}{$domainfieldname}:{/if}</div>

VYo83SB.png

Edited by brian!

3 minutes ago, pjs32 said:

Unfortunately when you press the last continue button, up comes the error again

*sighs* - I tidied up the code too much before posting it...

$domains[$key]['fields']['Registrant Name'] = str_replace('type="text"','type="hidden"',$value);

should be...

$domains[$key]['fields']['Registrant Name'] = str_replace('type="text"','type="hidden"',$domains[$key]['fields']['Registrant Name']);

the way I had it, only the second line would work - third time lucky. 🙏