Multiple Tickets created by clicking submit over and over

garybarr

Since the new version came out, we have been having issues with getting the same ticket over and over, all second apart on the submissions.  Today, we had a guy send in 45 tickets, all exactly the same.  So I finally looked into it further and found that when they open a ticket and click submit, it's taking a while to start the tickets... So while the customer is sitting there (and it does show down in the corner that it's connecting/loading), if they click submit again because they didn't think it worked... well, it creates multiple tickets.  Right now, I bet 50% of our new tickets have 2-6 submissions of the same thing... This isn't something that happened before the new version.  I'm not blaming the software, but I'm wondering what might have changed that is causing a problem and delaying the submit..  We are on a dedicated server and I've watched the server load, which is low... and no noticeable lagging anyplace else... Just on the submit.

Also, is there a way to change the "Submit" button so that when they click on it, it changes colors, or gives ANY kind of feedback that it's working and to please not keep hitting submit over and over.

Ideas?

16 hours ago, garybarr said:

Since the new version came out, we have been having issues with getting the same ticket over and over, all second apart on the submissions. 

what are you defining as the new version - v7.10.2 or the v8 betas ?

16 hours ago, garybarr said:

Also, is there a way to change the "Submit" button so that when they click on it, it changes colors, or gives ANY kind of feedback that it's working and to please not keep hitting submit over and over.

you should be able to disable the button on click (JS in a hook), and that should prevent multiple submissions occurring.

Brian, 

My apologies for not being clearer on versions.   7.10 wasn't a problem... it wasn't until we went to 7.10.2 that this problem popped up for us.

As for JS in a hook, I'm sorry, that's a little above my head.  I know how to place a hook, but not how to write the code.  😞

Hi Gary,

17 hours ago, garybarr said:

My apologies for not being clearer on versions.   7.10 wasn't a problem... it wasn't until we went to 7.10.2 that this problem popped up for us.

i've not seen that myself - submitting on the dev takes less than a second, so there's not much waiting time...

17 hours ago, garybarr said:

As for JS in a hook, I'm sorry, that's a little above my head.  I know how to place a hook, but not how to write the code.

to disable the button after clicking is pretty simple...

<?php

# Disable Support Ticket Submit Button On Click Hook
# Written by brian!

function disable_submit_button_on_click_hook($vars) {

if ($vars['filename'] == "submitticket") { 
		$header_return = '<script type="text/javascript">		
			$(document).ready(function() {
				$("form").submit(function disable_submit() {
					$("#openTicketSubmit",this).prop("disabled",true);
				});
			})
			</script>';
		return $header_return;
	}
}
add_hook("ClientAreaHeaderOutput",1,"disable_submit_button_on_click_hook");

after clicking, that will slightly grey the colour of the button, and if the cursor goes over it, it will change to a warning symbol and prevent clicking again.

alternatively, you could totally hide the submit button upon clicking - replacing .prop("disabled",true) with .hide() - but that looks slightly weird to me and might confuse the end-user - especially if the submit button is gone, but the cancel button is still visible.