WHMCSconnect new google chrome

sahostking

If you're finding the WHM frame does not load in. WHMCS connect, this indicates that a server side X-Frame-Option is preventing WHM from being loaded within an iFrame by WHMCS. The server configuration must be adjusted to allow this in order for WHMCS Connection to function.

This can be adjusted per the cPanel Docs: https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/82Docs/Tweak+Settings+-+Security#TweakSettings-Security-UseX-Frame-OptionsandX-Content-Type-Optionsheaderswithcpsrvd in Server Configuration > Tweak Settings > Security > ‘Use X-Frame-Options and X-Content-Type-Options headers with cpsrvd’

Please try these adjustments to see if this resolves your issue?

@WHMCS Dan I don't have root access to the server so I cannot change that setting.  But what bugs me is I have been using WHMCSConnect FOREVER and only since the latest version of Chrome has this been happening...

So, WHMCS should alter their cookie to cater for the SameSite setting by chrome.  I will find out from the hosts if they can investigate this.

Hi @bluesteam

This isn't something we control as the issue relates to the permissions for cross-site and x-frame settings between WHMCS and WHM so we don't have full control here when Chrome decides to change the way they handle these security settings by default or, how the administrator of the server chooses to intentionally restrict the ability to include WHM in Frames.

@WHMCS Dan but didn't cPanel buy a LARGE stake in WHMCS??  Surely the two companies should now be working together to resolve something like this?  To say that you can't do anything about it when Chrome decides to change the way they handle security is like saying that if WHMCS breaks because of something Chrome changed then ... well... pffff... tough ...it's broken??

That's a very strange thing to say Dan.

Whenever these changes come along, developers have to adapt their code and seeing as though cPanel and WHMCS are now working together, they should both be looking at this problem.  Sure, if the admin manually disables it then fine but this is happening now on more than one server that I connect to.  Which means that WHMCS and cPanel need to release a patch or something to fix it or remove the WHMCSConnect altogether on Chrome and tell the community that Chrome broke the product and the feature is no longer available.

EDIT: My host has now confirmed that this setting has been applied as per your instructions based on the cPanel documentation and yet now we are not able to load the WHMCSConnect at all.  See snapshot: https://prnt.sc/u6ejbr

Edited by bluesteam

Hello,

There are ways to adjust the settings to resolve these issues, I'm just trying to check the details to help debug this further.

If this is only happening in Google Chrome and works fine on other browsers, it can usually be resolved by disabling "SameSite by default cookies" flag in Google Chrome.

To disable, type "chrome://flags" (without quotes) in the address bar in chrome and then disable the flag "SameSite by default cookies". 

Can you try this option to see if it resolves the issue?

19 minutes ago, WHMCS Dan said:

Hello,

There are ways to adjust the settings to resolve these issues, I'm just trying to check the details to help debug this further.

If this is only happening in Google Chrome and works fine on other browsers, it can usually be resolved by disabling "SameSite by default cookies" flag in Google Chrome.

To disable, type "chrome://flags" (without quotes) in the address bar in chrome and then disable the flag "SameSite by default cookies". 

Can you try this option to see if it resolves the issue?

I don't like the idea of disabling the SameSite option in chrome because that is a bit of a bad workaround as there is a reason that Chrome implemented that feature.  Disabling it essentially disables it for ALL websites.

https://prnt.sc/u6epvz

but nonetheless,  I tried what you suggested but I still see the same error as this:

https://prnt.sc/u6ejbr

Maybe because my host has now made that change perhaps??

Edited by bluesteam

39 minutes ago, sahostking said:

Very strange as what WHMCS Dan recommended, worked fine for me and my colleagues.

I do however see we have X-Frame off

Maybe you and I are running different chrome versions??  Mine is this.

Version 85.0.4183.83 (Official Build) (64-bit)

But I still see this error when trying to access WHMSConnect

https://prnt.sc/u6u3ac

• 3 weeks later...