Montly and annual bundle pricing

I looked over this  https://docs.whmcs.com/Linking_to_WHMCS but am still a bit confused: we have two main hosting products and two maintenance ones that we also bundled in four configurations within WHMCS. Is that the best way, or can I do them as add-ons with billing cycles?  For instance, if I have hosting 1 and maintenance 1 bundled, is it better to make them as add-ons by cart.php?a=add&pid=1&addons%5B1%5D?

If we do &billingcycle=annually for annual plans, what about monthly ones, leave off that string or alter it to &billingcycle=monthly ?

8 hours ago, SDB said:

we have two main hosting products and two maintenance ones that we also bundled in four configurations within WHMCS.

by bundled, do you mean you have them as product bundles?

8 hours ago, SDB said:

Is that the best way, or can I do them as add-ons with billing cycles? 

well users can't choose the billing cycle of an addon during ordering, so you might have to use a specific monthly addon with a monthly product etc.... if they're going to be on different cycles, i'd leave them as separate products, or a bundle... or possibly a config option depending on what the purpose of the maintenance products are.

8 hours ago, SDB said:

If we do &billingcycle=annually for annual plans, what about monthly ones, leave off that string or alter it to &billingcycle=monthly ?

if a product has multiple billing cycles, then passing a cycle in the URL just preselects the chosen cycle - unless coded not to, the templates will allow the user to change from one cycle to another during ordering... e.g you could pass annually in the link, but they could switch to monthly... or vice versa.

if a product only has one cycle, then there's no need to pass any value in the url. 🙂