Using custom html template with WHMCS

amolbrkr

So, I recently bought a WHMCS template from themeforest. Now in the zip file i got they have 2 sub folders - one is called WHMCS portal and the other is HTML.

Now I know that to use WHMCS Portal template I'll need to upload it in the templates folder inside my public html, I've done that already.

But the issue now is how do I use the html files inside the HTML folder? They have various html files with different versions of index page, pricing.html etc? Whats the purpose of all these files how do I use them in my whmcs installation?

Please help, I've already asked them for support but they are not responding.

Thanks in advance :)

On 21/07/2020 at 12:12, amolbrkr said:

Whats the purpose of all these files how do I use them in my whmcs installation?

it sounds as though they're just a HTML site that you could use as a front for your homepage - so assuming WHMCS is in a folder, or a subdomain, of your domain, then these html files could be uploaded into the root of your public_html folder and would be used for your domain, e.g...

domain (HTML Pages) - https://domain.com

WHMCS (Portal Pages) - https://domain.com/whmcs

you don't need to use these HTML files on your main site if you don't want to, but I assume they will be designed to look like your WHMCS Client Area files and so if used, users shouldn't be able to tell where your main site end and the WHMCS site begins.

• WHMCS Technical Analyst II

Speaking from my own personal experience, the advice given by Brian is correct. Most template authors on Themeforest seem to provide a HTML copy as well and it can be used for creating a main website. I'd also recommend double checking with the author to ensure that the template has been tested for compatibility with your installed version of WHMCS (for example: 7.10.2) as templates designed for older versions may not be fully compatible and experience issues with functionality as a result.