Any hook to remove fields on registration?

sonuyos

Hello,

I am looking for a hook, that would remove fields like address on the checkout page.

Why? because i do not want to edit template on each update, so this would be much better option.

Just want to hide fields like Number, Street and Address line, these details can be added later by the user. As they are not crucial for checkout.

2 minutes ago, sonuyos said:

Why? because i do not want to edit template on each update, so this would be much better option.

I still think editing the template would be cleaner... it's going to be months before the next major release and I assume there will be changes to the template then... hopefully not least WHMCS adding proper unique names or ids to these elements. 🙄

3 minutes ago, sonuyos said:

Just want to hide fields like Number, Street and Address line, these details can be added later by the user. As they are not crucial for checkout.

using CSS would be an option to play with..

even if you went down the hook road, then you're still looking at either using jQuery or CSS.

1 minute ago, brian! said:

I still think editing the template would be cleaner... it's going to be months before the next major release and I assume there will be changes to the template then... hopefully not least WHMCS adding proper unique names or ids to these elements. 🙄

using CSS would be an option to play with..

even if you went down the hook road, then you're still looking at either using jQuery or CSS.

I am using a custom form from a provider, hence why i was wondering to go with hook, so it would be none problematic even if the script is updated regularly, i will give a try to what you posted.

2 minutes ago, sonuyos said:

I am using a custom form from a provider,

the bookmark I have for your site is only showing country in the checkout anyway... you must mean another URL. 🙂

4 minutes ago, sonuyos said:

hence why i was wondering to go with hook, so it would be none problematic even if the script is updated regularly, i will give a try to what you posted.

if it's custom and not just a modified copy of SC, and the elements are all identifiable via CSS, then CSS in custom.css would be the way to go - it gets complicated in SC because they're difficult to specify accurately and therefore it's using nth childs etc.

1 minute ago, brian! said:

the bookmark I have for your site is only showing country in the checkout anyway... you must mean another URL. 🙂

if it's custom and not just a modified copy of SC, and the elements are all identifiable via CSS, then CSS in custom.css would be the way to go - it gets complicated in SC because they're difficult to specify accurately and therefore it's using nth childs etc.

I am flattered that you have my website bookmarked <3. As for the URL, actually the checkout is set on my development website. I have made it life. If you can come over chat at my site, i can show you, its really cool, 1 page checkout.

As for the cart, i havnt gone thru the css, it is a totally different cart. Optimized to chheckout on 1 click.