Newly created account not functional until modified in WHM

I am having a weird problem. When I activate an account in WHMCS the account gets created in WHM. However, if I try and access the account in WHM either via the control panel with the new details or via WHM "list accounts" it just comes up with a blank screen. If I "modify account" in WHM (and don't change anything) then save it all is well. 

Seems like there is some issue with the creation of the account via WHM but not sure how to troubleshoot.

EDIT:

Found an error in the WHMCS activity log:

Application Link Provisioning returned the following warnings: API failure: Provide the “app” parameter for the “Whostmgr::API::1::Integration::create_integration_link” function. XIDs: ymybg7

... but looking on the forums this isn't supposed to cause an issue (although no idea what it is)

Edited by thinksynergy

This is indeed odd thinksynergy, can you confirm you have setup your cPanel server with the details outlined at https://docs.whmcs.com/CPanel/WHM#Adding_a_cPanel.2FWHM_Server including the setup of an API Token?  

When creating an account from WHMCS what logs are showing under Utilities >Log > Module Log (Ensure this is enabled before running a test) 

• 1 month later...

Everything else looks fine in the logs apart from the above error (which is in the module log too). Everything on the account looks good but when you try to jump from the account list into the account (in WHM) it is just blank. If you edit account (in WHM) and save without changes then everything is fine.

Edit: yes, the api all looks good... all permissions in WHM

Edited by thinksynergy