EmailPreSend - Mergefields?

Kian

wtf.thumb.png.46a3aa7d2283a06244b6fcd6323857ed.png

I don't know if it's me or this hook doesn't work as it should. I would expect that $vars['mergefields'] contains an array of all variable declared in the email (eg. {$whmcs_link}, {$signature}, {$firstname}) but this parameter is always empty. When I print $vars this is what I get:

{"messagename":"Password Reset Validation","relid":1}
{"messagename":"Invoice Created","relid":1595}
{"messagename":"Invoice Modified","relid":1595}
{"messagename":"First Invoice Overdue Notice","relid":1595}
{"messagename":"Credit Card Invoice Created","relid":1595}

It happens with any email template so my question is: where the heck are mergefields? There are all parameters (messagename, relid) except mergefields.

Edited by Kian

16 minutes ago, Kian said:

I don't know if it's me or this hook doesn't work as it should. I would expect that $vars['mergefield']

tell me that's a typo and you have actually used $vars['mergefields'] instead  ?

<?php
function email_hook($vars) {
	$merge_fields = $vars['mergefields'];
	return array("brian" => $merge_fields);
}
add_hook("EmailPreSend",1,"email_hook");

w1ZqUpL.png

Got it! 😩

EmailPreSend hook point returns mergefields parameter starting from an unknown version of WHMCS. The most recent snapshot of documentation doesn't show "mergefields" section and it is dated 23 Aug 2018. I read all patch notes from v7.0 of 22 Jul 2016 but there's nothing about changes to EmailPreSend.

I'm developing a feature where I need to use mergefields. Of course there's a workaround but this time I don't give a damn about backward compatibility since nobody cares. I'll place a warning link this:

This feature doesn't work with your version of WHMCS. Please, upgrade to v.???

Now the problem is that I have no idea of what is this magic number @WHMCS ChrisD help? 🙏 7.what? It should be something between 7.6 and 7.10.

Edit: found! 7.8.0 BETA 1 CORE-13261 - Provide mergefield data to EmailPreSend hook.

Edited by Kian