Auto Release doesn't open tickets

I have some products that we manually set up and it has to be done off-line.  I thought I could setup a product with "Auto Release" to start a service ticket when someone orders it.  My thinking was if they order the product, it would start a ticket that the support staff could setup and provide us a way to track the full setup of the product for the customer.    Did I misunderstand that this should work this way?!?!

If it should work that way, I'm not sure what I've got setup wrong, because it doesn't work.

I setup the product, in Module Settings I set it to Auto Release. 
- I left server group at none, since it's not a server.
- Changed "Create Action" to "Create Support Ticket"
- Change Admin ID to one of the admin users
- Changed Support Dept ID to "Support Dept" 
- Left at Do not automatically setup this product
- Saved it.

However, when the customer orders it, pays for it... nothing happens.  I've then tried accepting the order.  Nothing happens (at least starting ticket wise).

Am I misunderstanding how it works, or doing something wrong?

Hi Gary,

On 07/06/2020 at 22:45, garybarr said:

Am I misunderstanding how it works, or doing something wrong?

if the product is set at "Do not automatically setup this product", then I don't think Auto Release is triggered until the create module is run... which in your case, will require you to hit the create button manually in the services profile with the admin area client profile tabs.

AetxGBE.png

as there is no "real" module associated with the product, running create manually should run the AR module and open a new ticket in the specified department.

if you were using any of the three other auto setup options, then the create module would be triggered automatically when an order is placed/payment received or order accepted.. and that should kick AR into action to create the ticket / to-do etc.