Hi, is it possible to move product groups into one main product group?

In my case, apart from hosting packages I want to showcase our premium pre-registered domain names (mostly 2 letter names).

So I would have the main category "Domain Aftermarket" with subcategories:

• .be domains
  • .uk domains
  • .. etc

Thank you,

H

chrome_HUh3WAj4wh.png

I have added first 9 premium domain names under Belgium category, but would really prefer that clients could go to 1 main category "Domain Name Aftermarket" and see both: all categories and all domains there (that can be sorted by subcategories).

If categories can't have subcategories > is there a way around?

Thank you, H

chrome_ipArR7DWGr.png

Hi Helmuts,

21 hours ago, HostMaria said:

nested product groups in the admin area? never tried, but I would be amazed if it were supported.

21 hours ago, HostMaria said:

So I would have the main category "Domain Aftermarket" with subcategories:

• .be domains
  • .uk domains
  • .. etc

you definitely can't nest out of the box with the client area navbar or sidebar... it can be faked (to a degree by indenting the labels using a hook), and there are addons that could do it to the navbar - though it effectively makes a fake css menu and how that would work with bredh (if that's your theme), i'm not sure.

20 hours ago, HostMaria said:

I have added first 9 premium domain names under Belgium category, but would really prefer that clients could go to 1 main category "Domain Name Aftermarket" and see both: all categories and all domains there (that can be sorted by subcategories).

as I said, you can't nest with subcats - Advanced Menu Manager could do it in the navbar, but I suspect you're looking more for sidebar solutions with this.

20 hours ago, HostMaria said:

If categories can't have subcategories > is there a way around?

looking at your situation, I would be tempted to split the categories sidebar into two separate sidebars - so remove aftermarket groups from the existing categories sidebar and then create a new sidebar below it with just these domains aftermarket TLD groups... that would allow you to keep them in their current TLD product groups and that second sidebar would then be effectively split by TLD group... that solution would require a sidebar action hook to perform both tasks.