Replacing "Services" with "My Services" - Disable cart.php

slman

Hello!

I am in the phase where I am removing unneeded WHMCS features.

1) I made all my order forms on custom pages, so, I am not needing cart.php at all since my order forms gives you a direct link to the checkout page. Is there any hook to stop/hide it?

2) In the attachment below, I want to hide Services tab and make it direct you to My Services, cancelling "Order New Services" and "View Available Addons", how can i achieve that?

Thank you!

download.png

On 28/05/2020 at 08:35, slman said:

I am in the phase where I am removing unneeded WHMCS features.

that might take some time. 😛

1) I made all my order forms on custom pages, so, I am not needing cart.php at all since my order forms gives you a direct link to the checkout page. Is there any hook to stop/hide it?

possibly a ClientAreaPageCart redirection hook that as soon as someone hits cart.php, they're redirected elsewhere... similar to the one in the thread below, but instead of just specifying one page, allow it to work for all cart pages.

2) In the attachment below, I want to hide Services tab and make it direct you to My Services, cancelling "Order New Services" and "View Available Addons", how can i achieve that?

*if* this is the navbar (and with that template i've seen it do similar things as a separate menu not related to the navbar), then the quickest way would be a primary navbar hook that removes the "services" parent tab (that removes the entire tab) and then you just add a new child link in the same hook file.

3 hours ago, brian! said:

that might take some time. 😛

possibly a ClientAreaPageCart redirection hook that as soon as someone hits cart.php, they're redirected elsewhere... similar to the one in the thread below, but instead of just specifying one page, allow it to work for all cart pages.

*if* this is the navbar (and with that template i've seen it do similar things as a separate menu not related to the navbar), then the quickest way would be a primary navbar hook that removes the "services" parent tab (that removes the entire tab) and then you just add a new child link in the same hook file.

Thank you @brian! Everything worked as expected. I really appreciate your work and help!

@brian! I have a small error with the cart, my cart now redirects to login which is what i want, but, in the login page there is a register link, when some one tries to register it redirects to the cart and then to login again (I disabled register without order), how can i change the register page to redirect to the index?

13 hours ago, slman said:

@brian! I have a small error with the cart, my cart now redirects to login which is what i want, but, in the login page there is a register link, when some one tries to register it redirects to the cart and then to login again (I disabled register without order), how can i change the register page to redirect to the index?

I would probably need to see a screenshot of what you're seeing - if register without order is disabled, then WHMCS shouldn't be adding a link to register.php (and even if it was, a cart hook wouldn't affect it), so perhaps there is an existing link to the cart in the login template page...

Edited by brian!