Cron PHP Version Mismatch

ejmerkel

I just switched my WHMCS installation to PHP 7.3 via the cPanel multi-php manager. Under the health section of WHMCS I get the following warning:

Your environment appears to be running a different PHP version (7.2.30) for the System Cron than the currently loaded PHP version (7.3.17). This may cause issues running your System Cron.

However,  it also says I am running PHP 7.3

PHP Version

Your PHP version 7.3.17 is supported by WHMCS.

Your PHP version is actively supported by PHP for both bug fix and security releases.

My cron jobs all match the automation PHP setting as "/opt/cpanel/ea-php73/root/usr/bin/php -q" and it looks like it is loading the correct php.ini

/opt/cpanel/ea-php73/root/usr/bin/php -i | grep "Loaded"
Loaded Configuration File => /opt/cpanel/ea-php73/root/etc/php.ini

Also, I have no php.ini's in the public_html of the WHMCS site so it is using the default multiphp ini for 7.3 so I am a little puzzled on how or where to fix this?

Best regards,

Eric

Edited by ejmerkel

Hello @ejmerkel,

Thank you for your post.

10 hours ago, ejmerkel said:

I just switched my WHMCS installation to PHP 7.3 via the cPanel multi-php manager. Under the health section of WHMCS I get the following warning:

Your environment appears to be running a different PHP version (7.2.30) for the System Cron than the currently loaded PHP version (7.3.17). This may cause issues running your System Cron.

However,  it also says I am running PHP 7.3

What this indicates, is while your local account is running on PHP 7.3.17, the cron is using PHP 7.2.30, usually, this can be resolved by updating your cron line, in cPanel this would usually involve replacing php -q with the /path/to/php7.3 -q your hosting provider should be able to confirm the PHP 7.3 Path.  

11 hours ago, ejmerkel said:

My cron jobs all match the automation PHP setting as "/opt/cpanel/ea-php73/root/usr/bin/php -q" and it looks like it is loading the correct php.ini

If your cron in cPanel is set to /opt/cpanel/ea-php73/root/usr/bin/php -q then this could be a false positive and should be safe to ignore at the moment you should see the error disappear soon, is the cron running?