Adding existing Centova accounts

omega1

Hello,

I use WHMCS for a number of Centova servers. I had previously used another billing platform and would like to migrate users away from that older platform.

What would be the process for adding existing Centova accounts to WHMCS (existing Cetova accounts as in accounts/usernames that already exist on the Centova servers?

Would it simply be a process of adding the new customers details in WHMCS , assigning the same type of product and then just entering their current, existing Centova username (as configured on the Centova admin panel)? Would that work?

Just trying to figure out the easiest way of migrating customers over with minimal impact to them.

Anyone with first-hand experience of doing this?

Thank you.

Hey @omega1

Thanks for your post, depending what billing platform you where using, we do have WHMCS ImportAssist, 

Supported Scripts & Versions
WHMCS ImportAssist supports importing data from the following applications and versions:

• WHMCS Versions 6.2.x, 6.3.x, 7.0.x, 7.1.x, 7.2.x, 7.3.x, 7.4.x, 7.5.x, 7.6.x, 7.7.x, 7.8.x, 7.9.x
  • Blesta Versions 2.x, 3.x, 4.x
  • ClientExec Versions 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6, 5.7, 5.8, 5.9, 6.x
  • HostBill Versions 2016 and later

While performing imports from versions of the software outside of those listed above may be possible, it is unsupported.  You can download WHMCS ImportAssist from https://docs.whmcs.com/ImportAssist

Outside of this there is the manual data entry process however you would need to manually enter their credit card information. https://docs.whmcs.com/Migration_Guide#Manual_Entry

Thanks for your response ChrisD.

I was more after the interaction between WHMCS and Centova rather than the import of the data, there are only a few dozen to import so it could be done manually (there appear to be no import tools for the billing platform iHost).

Specifically, I need to understand what happens if I create a new customer on WHMCS and assign to their account a Centova package (same package type as on the old billing platform) and then manually enter their Centova username/password and same server, will WHMCS then automatically associate this? I'm just trying to understand how that would work from a back-end (WHMCS-Centova) point of view.

Thanks in advance.