Help editing Shoutcast Welcome email

I need some help to edit the Shoutcast welcome email. The template that comes in WHMCS shows this:

Domain: {$service_domain}
Username: {$service_username}
Password: {$service_password}

The problem here is that "{$service_domain}" is not the right option for shoutcast (centovacast) orders. Usually radio streaming services does not have a domain. So when customer receives the login credentials "{$service_domain}" shows just blank.

16 hours ago, ocastaned said:

The problem here is that "{$service_domain}" is not the right option for shoutcast (centovacast) orders. Usually radio streaming services does not have a domain. So when customer receives the login credentials "{$service_domain}" shows just blank.

maybe i'm missing the issue here, but can't you just remove that line from the template?

1 hour ago, ocastaned said:

So what's the one to send customer Centova login URL?

to be honest, I don't know as i've had little involvement with Centova servers, but two thoughts... and the second one is probably more relevant to you.

firstly, if you want to see what mergefields are available to an email template, then you can add {debug} to that template, send yourself a test email using an existing account (ideally a test account and not one associated to a client) - for a welcome email, then you would go to the products/services tab of a client that has a centova server, scroll to the bottom of the page, choose the relevant email template, send it and then view the email from the emails tab - it should open a debug popup window showing a list of all available mergefields.

at that point, you'll know what is available to the template - if what you want isn't there, then that's when you would have to consider using hooks to create the mergefields that you need.... and once you've finished, don't forget to remove {debug} from the email template.

secondly, from reading the Centova docs, and i'm not sure whether it's still relevant to the latest release, but it mentions creating admin-only custom fields (at optional step 13)...

If you would like to configure the WHMCS welcome email (which is sent to clients when a new Centova Cast account is ordered) to include information about the newly-created Centova Cast account, you may create custom fields for these values and Centova Cast will automatically fill them in with the appropriate values. These can then be used as merge fields in your WHMCS welcome email.

After you have created one or more of these fields, you can add them to your welcome email templates as {$service_custom_field_fieldname}, where "fieldname" is the name of the field. For example, if you've created a custom field called "port", you can use {$service_custom_field_port} in your welcome email to display the port number.

logically, that would only work for new accounts - but there would be nothing to stop you manually editing these custom field values for existing accounts, and adding the appropriate details into the field.

7 hours ago, brian! said:

to be honest, I don't know as i've had little involvement with Centova servers, but two thoughts... and the second one is probably more relevant to you.

firstly, if you want to see what mergefields are available to an email template, then you can add {debug} to that template, send yourself a test email using an existing account (ideally a test account and not one associated to a client) - for a welcome email, then you would go to the products/services tab of a client that has a centova server, scroll to the bottom of the page, choose the relevant email template, send it and then view the email from the emails tab - it should open a debug popup window showing a list of all available mergefields.

at that point, you'll know what is available to the template - if what you want isn't there, then that's when you would have to consider using hooks to create the mergefields that you need.... and once you've finished, don't forget to remove {debug} from the email template.

secondly, from reading the Centova docs, and i'm not sure whether it's still relevant to the latest release, but it mentions creating admin-only custom fields (at optional step 13)...

logically, that would only work for new accounts - but there would be nothing to stop you manually editing these custom field values for existing accounts, and adding the appropriate details into the field.

Thank you so much.