Can someone check my template looks up to date

neltek

Hi 

I am not too interested in customising the templates much apart from adding my logo.

I have the general setting pointing at six and sometime in the past have worked out how to get my logo to show (can't remember now - but it is working 🙂 )

However setting spotlight TLDs and some set to SALE etc do not show up?

Can you have a look and tell me if I am somehow using an old template please or if I am up to date?

v 7.7.1

https://billing.neltek.com

If I can establish this first I can then look at why the features are not working...

Hi Ian,

14 hours ago, neltek said:

Can you have a look and tell me if I am somehow using an old template please or if I am up to date?

your default orderform is using vertical steps - that template is very old, deprecated and hasn't been shipped with WHMCS for many years.... certainly spotlight and sale tags won't appear in Vertical Steps, they would only appear in Standard_cart...

gLNfbjn.png

btw - ignore that there are 4 spotlights on the same row (you won't see that!) - I tweaked the output code to get them on the same row to save space on the image dimensions.

other than using vertical steps instead of standard_cart, I can't see much else wrong with the ordering process.

3 minutes ago, neltek said:

So knowing that how do I get to an up to date template as you can see the version of WHMCS is up to date

you must already have standard_cart installed because that screenshot above is from your site... and i'm assuming it's for your installed version. 🙂

there's no point using the latest version of your template if you're still using v7.7.1 - if you update WHMCS, then that will install the updated version of standard_cart.

you can download latest and previous versions of Six & standard cart from the WHMCS GitHub site, but there's no point doing that unless you're telling me the standard_cart version  you have installed is outdated for your WHMCS release.

Brian

I must apologise for being slow here - I am a bit confused

7.7.1 is latest version isn't it?

You mentioned above:

9 minutes ago, brian! said:

you must already have standard_cart installed because that screenshot above is from your site... and i'm assuming it's for your installed version. 🙂

there's no point using the latest version of your template if you're still using v7.7.1 - if you update WHMCS, then that will install the updated version of standard_cart.

you can download latest and previous versions of Six & standard cart from the WHMCS GitHub site, but there's no point doing that unless you're telling me the standard_cart version  you have installed is outdated for your WHMCS release.

but also said in previous post

2 hours ago, brian! said:

Hi Ian,

your default orderform is using vertical steps - that template is very old, deprecated and hasn't been shipped with WHMCS for many years.... certainly spotlight and sale tags won't appear in Vertical Steps, they would only appear in Standard_cart...

other than using vertical steps instead of standard_cart, I can't see much else wrong with the ordering process.

so you said the template is very old and depricated

Updating WHMCS would install latest - but I have latest WHMCS

So what do I need to change to avoid the out of date and depricated template and change from vertical steps?

cheers and apologies again if I am missing the obvious

5 minutes ago, neltek said:

I must apologise for being slow here - I am a bit confused 

7.7.1 is latest version isn't it?

the latest version is v7.9.2 and v7.10 will be out of beta sometime in April.

7 minutes ago, neltek said:

so you said the template is very old and deprecated

Updating WHMCS would install latest - but I have latest WHMCS 

generally, updating WHMCS won't remove old orderform templates... e.g if you originally installed v5 and have been updating since then, you'll still have the old orderform templates as options (though most of them won't work 100%)... from the link below, I can see that you still have the comparison orderform - anyone installing WHMCS now, wouldn't have that old template as an option.

https://billing.neltek.com/cart.php?a=add&domain=register&carttpl=comparison

6 minutes ago, neltek said:

found it I think - ? changed a setting on another TAB in settings

that's it. 🙂

Brian

You have been most helpful.

Helped a lot - I don't mess with WHMCS much so forget the detail. It just works for me.

I thought it checked for latest versions automatically but then found a manual button to check and it found 7.9.2

Just done the update

THANKS

:)