No result for WHOIS search

dandju

Hi, we currently use WHMCS 7.8.3 and we have added a new domain (.MK) (with pricing and everything set up in WHMCS).

We use the "Standard WHOIS" lookup provider, we have added the TLD to the "whois.json" file as described at this link: https://docs.whmcs.com/WHOIS_Servers
The WHOIS search in the WHMCS admin area (which is only accessible by admins) works for this specific TLD.

The problem is, that the domain is always displayed as "not available" when searching it in the client area (other, mostly popular TLD, lookups work fine).

In the POST /JSON response I see the following: originalUnavailableDomain: "fergr45rtrg4fged.mk"

I do not understand why, as this domain for sure is available (also in the WHMC admin area whois lookup). There are no errors in the "Activity log" in WHMCS.

How can I add the new TLD to the client area domain lookup? Should it work? Is the file whois.json used for the "Standard WHOIS lookup"?

Thank you

On 27/03/2020 at 15:11, dandju said:

We use the "Standard WHOIS" lookup provider, we have added the TLD to the "whois.json" file as described at this link: https://docs.whmcs.com/WHOIS_Servers
The WHOIS search in the WHMCS admin area (which is only accessible by admins) works for this specific TLD.

there is already an entry for .mk in the default dist.whois.json file - which AFAIK works.

The problem is, that the domain is always displayed as "not available" when searching it in the client area (other, mostly popular TLD, lookups work fine).

then my suspicion is that your entry in whois.json might be wrong - it would have been useful to see what you're using in there.

in v7.8.3, if I add .mk to pricing, and use the default entry for the TLD that is already in dist.whois.json, then it's identifying availability correctly in the client area...

Jqx72fp.png

ELigkuT.png

How can I add the new TLD to the client area domain lookup?

you shouldn't need to do anything - just ensure that it's added to domain pricing.

Should it work?

yes - see above.

Is the file whois.json used for the "Standard WHOIS lookup"?

yes - but for .mk, you should need to use it (unless you're telling me that the default entry is wrong.

Hi Brian, thanks for the reply.

24 minutes ago, brian! said:

there is already an entry for .mk in the default dist.whois.json file - which AFAIK works.

Correct, somehow I have overlooked it - it's the same WHOIS server I have added to the whois.json file.

I've made some tests today and for some reason the lookup is working fine now.
The only change I made was to change the domain lookup provider from "Standard WHOIS" to "WHMCS Domain Lookup".

I will investigate this further but it's OK for us to use the WHMCS lookup provider, so this seems to be resolved.