Slack Notifications Not Going Through

I have configured Slack and followed all the steps to set it up, but I do not receive any notification in my Slack chat.  

In the System Module Debug Log, this is the response: 

{"ok":false,"error":"invalid_arguments","deprecated_argument":"as_user"}

The Activity Log shows this: 

Notification sending failed for Rule ID 2 - Error: An error occurred: invalid_arguments  

Can anyone help me determine the root cause of this issue?  

I turned on the module logging and tried fiddling with the app permissions on Slack.  I can seem to get one of two responses in the module log: 

{"ok":false,"error":"invalid_arguments","deprecated_argument":"as_user"}

OR

{"ok":false,"error":"missing_scope","needed":"chat:write:bot","provided":"identify,channels:read,groups:read"}

What really confuses me, however, is that both the WHMCS instructions for Slack configuration AND the module log say "chat:write:bot" is a required permission, however it appears this permission no longer exists in Slack.  I can only find chat:write in the drop down list of available values. 

Really need some help on this, guys... I'm sure I"m missing something simple, but really need notifications to work. 

• 2 months later...

drop-down menu, select either Windows native notifications or Built-in notifications. Open individual channels, click on the cog icon and open Notification preferences. Make sure notifications are enabled for Desktop. Exit Preferences and restart Slack.