WHMCS Wrong Order Invoice Bug!

Eugene

Hello,

Today one of my client placed an order but a strange bug happened.

Order details, you can clearly see that the order Invoice  is #90897

image.thumb.png.52a7ff82eeb480a761fa0b1123efaa18.png

Now If I go to the Invoice #90897, the Invoice is not for new order it's for the renewal of the different servers. Check below

image.thumb.png.0284d7721004f500626ec25e8c9886a9.png

The Actual Order Invoice is #90896  Check below

image.thumb.png.e82dc3583014e38f88f3bbbe0bf93cca.png

The client was taken to the gateway to pay for the renewal invoice instead of the order Invoice. My client ended up paying the renewal invoice of the servers which he did not want. Whereas the order was unpaid.

How did this happen?  What should I do to avoid this?

Edited by Eugene
Updated proper image and some grammar correction

20 hours ago, Eugene said:

How did this happen?  What should I do to avoid this?

which version of WHMCS is this?

probably more importantly - if this is a recent WHMCS release, i've received a number of PMs from users about the Perfect Money gateway module - to be honest, i'm not convinced that it's compatible with the last 2 or 3 major WHMCS releases.

have you noticed it happening with other gateways ??

41 minutes ago, brian! said:

which version of WHMCS is this?

probably more importantly - if this is a recent WHMCS release, i've received a number of PMs from users about the Perfect Money gateway module - to be honest, i'm not convinced that it's compatible with the last 2 or 3 major WHMCS releases.

have you noticed it happening with other gateways ??

I am running latest WHMCS which is  7.9.2 General Release 7.9.2-release.1

This is the first case I'm seeing.  

I'm not sure about Perfect Money because the gateway is kicked in after WHMCS sends the invoice data and other details to the gateway. So if PM gateway receives the wrong invoice ID it will accept the wrong payment.

What surprises me is how come the new order details holds the wrong invoice number? This wrong data cannot happen via the gateway. WHMCS indeed sent the wrong invoice to PM gateway is what I believe.

Secondly, I have noticed one more bug where the invoice's total amount is paid but not marked as paid.  I was also able to reproduce this on the previous build. (not sure about this build).

7 minutes ago, Eugene said:

What surprises me is how come the new order details holds the wrong invoice number? This wrong data cannot happen via the gateway. WHMCS indeed sent the wrong invoice to PM gateway is what I believe.

it shouldn't do that - ti might be worth opening a ticket with Support just for them to double check what's going on.

8 minutes ago, Eugene said:

Secondly, I have noticed one more bug where the invoice's total amount is paid but not marked as paid.  I was also able to reproduce this on the previous build. (not sure about this build).

that's been mentioned in the PMs i've received - the fact that the PerfectMoney gateway is not triggering WHMCS correctly to mark the invoices as paid.

• 2 months later...

This happened again today, even on latest 7.10.2 .

WHMCS Team says they have to do testing which will involve deactivating all modules.  I cannot do this on production environment.

Yes, this happened with Perfect Money module

Edited by Eugene
added more info

17 minutes ago, Eugene said:

WHMCS Team says they have to do testing which will involve deactivating all modules.  I cannot do this on production environment.

do you get your license direct from WHMCS?

if so, a free development license might be an option... that would give you a chance to duplicate your production install, and then give WHMCS access to the duplicate dev rather than the live production - and then if Support happen to trash the dev whilst testing, it won't matter.

25 minutes ago, brian! said:

do you get your license direct from WHMCS?

if so, a free development license might be an option... that would give you a chance to duplicate your production install, and then give WHMCS access to the duplicate dev rather than the live production - and then if Support happen to trash the dev whilst testing, it won't matter.

I don't have license directly from WHMCS but I do have active dev license.

Thanks for the tip, I'll export the db into a dev env and send the details to WHMCS to debug.