change subdomain whm is now easy why not with whmcs?

Anders

hello,

i have asked similar question in another thread but wanted to ask here again to try to open a discussion.

Changing the primary domain for a cPanel account

If you have need to change the primary domain for a cPanel account, this can be done easily from WHM.

Follow these steps:

1. Log into WHM - yourdomainname.com/whm
  2. Select 'list accounts' under the account information section
  3. Search for cPanel account
  4. Select the + on the left of the account record to expand your account keeping options
  5. Select 'Modify Account'
  6. On the next screen, simply change the primary domain to the new domain name.
  7. All done

if is so easy why cant it be away with whmcs to change as it is connected to WHM.

i want to chaneg subdomains to real domains when a user upgrade.

i see

is it a difficult one to make?

and can it be made manually in whmcs? what i mean if i chaneg the domain in user product and then after in whm will that work? or do i need to do it first in whm and whmcs?

Edited by Anders

3 minutes ago, Anders said:

is it a difficult one to make?

I don't know - i've never tried... but logically, if the API supports it, you should be able to do it... i'm not aware of any existing addon that does this, but others might.

it's not an unreasonable question because the same company owns both WHMCS and cPanel, so if anyone can do it, then their developers should be able to... but feature requests take years to complete (the v7.10 kb image upload feature has been requested for 6+ years), so possibly they may add it one day in the future.

my suspicion is that changing primary domains does not usually occur so often that it becomes an issue for most users with WHMCS (although obviously it's an issue for you)  - I haven't read a question about this here in years...

9 minutes ago, Anders said:

what i mean if i change the domain in user product and then after in whm will that work? or do i need to do it first in whm and whmcs?

personally, i've always made the change first in WHM, and then updated WHMCS.