Disable Billing Cycle Change Upon Product Upgrade

artaweb

Hello,

Is it possible to disable the Billing Cycle Selecting in upgrade page? 

For example, if a customer wishes to upgrade/downgrade their product/service, they can only upgrade/downgrade it with the same billing cycle it currently is. Without the option of choosing other cycles. 

Is this possible? 

15 minutes ago, artaweb said:

Is it possible to disable the Billing Cycle Selecting in upgrade page? 

not from settings.

16 minutes ago, artaweb said:

For example, if a customer wishes to upgrade/downgrade their product/service, they can only upgrade/downgrade it with the same billing cycle it currently is. Without the option of choosing other cycles. 

I suspect that would require a hook that gets the current billing cycle of the base product, and for each of the upgrade products, removes any billing cycles that don't match the base product cycle... and if that leaves an upgrade product with no cycles, removes it entirely.

Tried a few ways using the documentation to make a hook. I think I am going in the wrong direction.

Can please guide me where to begin for creating a hook like this? I need to show the current billing cycle without any other options for changing the cycle upon upgrade or downgrade. 

Edited by artaweb

18 hours ago, artaweb said:

is it standard to remove the codes from upgrade.tpl ?

yes... it's just customisation and that comes in many forms, e.g., editing the templates, changing the css, using hooks etc.

18 hours ago, artaweb said:

It just messed things up. I guess it has to be a hook to work correctly. 

i'd have to double-check the page to be sure, but from memory, I don't think it has access to the billing cycle on the current base product... and if that's the case, then there would be little you could effectively do editing the template.... if the page does know the current cycle, then this could theoretically be done in the template, though i'd still suggest using a hook as you're just manipulating an array based on certain conditions, e.g the current billing cycle.

17 hours ago, artaweb said:

Tried a few ways using the documentation to make a hook. I think I am going in the wrong direction.

you are if you read the documentation. 😜

19 hours ago, artaweb said:

Can please guide me where to begin for creating a hook like this? I need to show the current billing cycle without any other options for changing the cycle upon upgrade or downgrade. 

I see that you've created a commercial thread on this, so feel free to send me a PM - I can't PM you as you don't have the option enabled.

• 3 years later...