(End client and company client) same email registered - any approach?

zitu4life

Hello there

I have a client with his personal account registered. Later this client requests another service for his own business (personal company). So I have to register this client twice:

1- Personal 

2 -Company

It is not recommended to mixed, because at all it means 2 different clients, but this client provide me same email to register, but WHMCS do not allow me to register same email twice.

What I have been done so far.

Creating a fake email for one of those accounts, but sometimes it gets confusing, if I have to send quotes email, I can not reach fake email. It is easy just to ask client to provide another email (I will made registration by admin side), but what if client just has one email and also it is not good if he provide me an old email that he usually do not check regularly and my emails will not be read on time.

What you guys do in these situation? Can we change WHMCS to accept same email on two clients?

image.thumb.png.dd99c239b4f6e86c6572f04cac58debf.png

Edited by zitu4life

This is one of my main frustrations with WHMCS. We're wanting to import our existing clients, but we've got people who run 3 different businesses all with the same email address, multiple people from a certain company who all have used the 'office' email address, etc. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out a good way to deal with this yet, but I'll be following this thread to see if anyone else has suggestions.

For now I'm just using plus addressing, automatically adding a random suffix to the email address when adding a second client with the same email address via script - but there's a decent chance this won't work for all of the clients' email providers (no way to test at the moment, as we're still in test mode so all emails are being caught). It doesn't seem professional to end up having to contact clients and ask them to set up another email address because we're changing software 😒

Just my 2 cents: using the same email address for personal and business use is stupid. And in some countries may also be unlawful (GDPR...)

So: ask to the user to choose another email address to use for company.

In the meanwhile: on you own domain, create a fake address which is a forward to the real email address of the user, and use this fake email as username for WHMCS.

Being an alias, any message sent by WHMCS to the fake address will be forwarded to the real address of the user.

But care to write to the user, explaining this and persuading him to change his address... 

Last trick: if the user is using gmail...

• for Gmail   name.surname@gmail.com   namesurname.gmail.com    na.mesur.name@gmail.com are all the same address (gmail doesn't care about dots)
  • but for WHMCS instead are different email addresses ...

So, the user may use the same gmail address for many different WHMCS accounts, just insering a different number of dots in different positions...

1 hour ago, Remitur said:

using the same email address for personal and business use is stupid. And in some countries may also be unlawful (GDPR...)

Thanks for your answer 😉...Ya, but WHMCS is used worldwide and there is some countries where finding people with no email address is not stranger thing, so finding someone with one email could be natural scenario. There is also some entrepreneur, that uses his personal email (free from outlook or free from gmail) on his personal business too. And in such scenario, yes, you will have situation to deal with client feedback, «I just have one email». Mixing personal and business is not recommended (we all know it, but yes, we have clients that are still doing that on a wrong way, but we want to do it on right way...there is client with 2 business, but he have one email 🙄).

Some country IT Services are not like Europe..., but your 2 cents, is very welcome, and useful. So as a WHMCS software holder we need to ensure we can reach our clients on time, we want our invoice to reach our clients on time. Our services all has description, so even if this client is receiving different services on same email, he will know instantly for what services we are invoicing him, but if we can not reach clients on time, means we can not receive payments on time too. 😃

For clients that do not have any email address, our company uses sms addon to reach them and also they all located on special client groups (no email = yellow group), so if that invoice still unpaid WHMCS will highlight it as colored client on overdue invoices and our staff will if needed give this client a call to understand why payment did not be paid and encourage him to proceed with payment.

image.thumb.png.84954535e5de47714200463ce8db088f.png

But if a client has one email is enough, so the point is that WHMCS do not allow repeat email twice. But we will live with all things that WHMCS do no allow and when possible we adapt it to our own needs. 😊

Edited by zitu4life