Widgets For The Dashboard

BigGainz

Im using WHMCS that Smarters IPTV had made some modifications on.  I accidentally closed a widget on my dashboard and cant find anywhere to open it again now.  Doing some research it looks like there is supposed to be a settings button on the top right in the dashboard area?  Looks like Smarters removed it when they added their touches.  Is it possible for me to change my layout without messing up their addons?  Sorry for such a novice question but im trying to figure my way through this, im sure there is a lot of awesome functionality im currently missing out on until I learn more.  

14 hours ago, BigGainz said:

Doing some research it looks like there is supposed to be a settings button on the top right in the dashboard area?

on any recent WHMCS version, there should be...

fMUD6nb.png

14 hours ago, BigGainz said:

Is it possible for me to change my layout without messing up their addons? 

I suspect only Smarters are in a position to answer that... and it also depends on how much their changes have deviated from the generic WHMCS.

there is a "hidden widgets" field in the tbladmins database table that contains a list of hidden/disabled widgets - so removing your specific hidden widget from that list might work - though if you're unfamiliar with the database, then I would suggest you backup the database first before making any direct changes to that table... or better still, contact Smarters and see if there is a way to do it from settings on their customisation.

Thank you for your response.  As you can see they customized the page, so im assuming they also purposely removed the settings button in the top right.  Smarters support is HORRIBLE, thats why im trying to learn on my own now 😞 Ill definitely take a look into the tbladmins database and see what I can find there.  Heres a screenshot of what im stuck working with ATM.  https://gyazo.com/04c71cfd151d5da56ef03a00339e4abf

Edited by BigGainz

2 minutes ago, BigGainz said:

As you can see they customized the page, so im assuming they also purposely removed the settings button in the top right.

maybe their customisations are based on an older release that didn't have that button - I think that only came in with one of the v7 releases.

3 minutes ago, BigGainz said:

Heres a screenshot of what im stuck working with ATM.

that is a little sparse! 😮

4 minutes ago, brian! said:

maybe their customisations are based on an older release that didn't have that button - I think that only came in with one of the v7 releases.

that is a little sparse! 😮

So checking out that tbladmins I do see that there are many home widgets listed: getting_started:true,orders_overview:true,supporttickets_overview:true,my_notes:true,client_activity:true,open_invoices:true,activity_log:true|income_overview:true,system_overview:true,whmcs_news:true,sysinfo:true,admin_activity:true,todo_list:true,network_status:true,income_forecast:true|

then the hidden widgets are : Activity,ClientActivity,Support,ToDo,Staff,NetworkStatus,Health,Automation,Billing

The biggest problem is though that even though they have all of those home widgets listed and only a few blocked, I cannot find any way at all to add any widgets.  I had 2 that came with the way they installed it, but accidently clicked the x on one and now cant even find where to get that back.  As you can see from the picture I dont have the little gear in the top right that I see on other whmcs installs when trying to research how to fix my issue.  Is there an easy way to junk their layout and go to the stock whmcs one?  I dont see any extra functionality on their layout at all, just their logo, and some functionality missing.

43 minutes ago, BigGainz said:

The biggest problem is though that even though they have all of those home widgets listed and only a few blocked, I cannot find any way at all to add any widgets.

if it were WHMCS, then just deleting that list in the table would make them all visible again - however, perhaps they are hidden in the configuration too.

the implication of the kb article below is that there is a "Dashboard" addon installed, so possibly if you can click on addons/dashboard, you may be able to manage your widgets there ?

https://www.whmcssmarters.com/clients/index.php?rp=/knowledgebase/13/S---IPTV-Billing-Portal--Docs-.html