getting list of all domains in one variable

mihai666g

Hi,

I  trying to display a notification on configuredomains.tpl page if the client order a .de domain

I managed to get it working but because I use foreach the message is displayed multiple times if the client has multiple domains with that extension

{if $domains}
{foreach $domains as $num => $domain}
{if strpos($domain.domain, '.de') !== false}  code  {/if}
{/foreach}
{/if}

Since I have no programming experience I don't know how to store the domains in a variable/string so I can get rid of foreach

Any tips are appreciated. 

14 hours ago, mihai666g said:

Since I have no programming experience I don't know how to store the domains in a variable/string so I can get rid of foreach

you wouldn't need to store them in a variable.

if you only want to display this message once, regardless of how many .de domains there are in the cart, and you want to do it using Smarty in the template, then you could add a counter variable....

{if $domains}
{foreach $domains as $num => $domain}
{if strpos($domain.domain, '.de') !== false && $domaincount == 0}
{assign domaincount 1}
code{/if}
{/foreach}
{/if}

it loops through the array, if it finds a .de domain for the first time, it displays your message and creates a counter variable - because of the if statement, that then prevents the message being shown again regardless of how many other .de domains there are.

4 hours ago, brian! said:

it loops through the array, if it finds a .de domain for the first time, it displays your message and creates a counter variable - because of the if statement, that then prevents the message being shown again regardless of how many other .de domains there are.

Thanks, that's what I wanted. 

13 minutes ago, mihai666g said:

Thanks, that's what I wanted. 

btw - it's not essential to change it, but I don't think you would need the {if $domains} and the closing {/if} because if there are no domains in the $domains array, you wouldn't be directed to the configuredomains page in the cart process.