Need help with a hook to remove Product addons from categories.

RandomGuy

Hello, I'm trying to remove the product addons in the categories in whmcs. 

edit.png.dbf8255ae67f16a0dd61e2a5fc0a793b.png

I have tired the following hook. But it didn't work.

add_hook('ClientAreaPrimarySidebar', 1, function (MenuItem $primarySidebar)

if (!is_null($primarySidebar->getChild('Categories'))) { 
       $primarySidebar->getChild('Categories')->removeChild('Product Addons'); 
   } 
});

What is that I'm missing?

It is in the secondary-sidebar -- Then Categories - Then just Addons if I dont remember wrong.

Not in primary. you figer this out if you view the source code of your webpage and look at the element ID

Thank you ptomter.

This time it worked. Thanks for the suggestion to view the source code.

I have initially tried doing it with both Primary and secondary sidebars. 

The main problem in removing "Product adddons" is, I have been trying to remove the child "Product addons". This time I tried naming it just "Addons" and it worked.

The following code worked fine in removing "Product Addons"

add_hook('ClientAreaSecondarySidebar', 1, function (MenuItem $secondarySidebar)

if (!is_null($secondarySidebar->getChild('Categories'))) { 
       $secondarySidebar->getChild('Categories')->removeChild('Addons'); 
   } 
});

Thanks again.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

The main problem in removing "Product adddons" is, I have been trying to remove the child "Product addons". This time I tried naming it just "Addons" and it worked.

when you're checking the source code, you need to see what the menuitemname value is - whatever that is, that's what you need to use in removeChild.

• 1 year later...

When i added that code it broke my website. I get this error

TypeError: Argument 1 passed to WHMCS\Utility\SafeInclude::{closure}() must be an instance of MenuItem, instance of WHMCS\View\Menu\Item given in /var/www/billing/includes/hooks/removeaddon.php:11
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/billing/includes/hookfunctions.php(0): WHMCS\Utility\SafeInclude::{closure}(Object(WHMCS\View\Menu\Item))
#1 /var/www/billing/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/ClientArea.php(0): run_hook('ClientAreaSecon...', Array, true)
#2 /var/www/billing/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/ClientArea.php(0): WHMCS\ClientArea->outputWithoutExit()
#3 /var/www/billing/vendor/whmcs/whmcs-foundation/lib/Http/Message/AbstractViewableResponse.php(0): WHMCS\ClientArea->getOutputContent()
#4 /var/www/billing/vendor/zendframework/zend-diactoros/src/Response/SapiEmitterTrait.php(27): WHMCS\Http\Message\AbstractViewableResponse->getBody()
#5 /var/www/billing/vendor/zendframework/zend-diactoros/src/Response/SapiEmitter.php(34): Zend\Diactoros\Response\SapiEmitter->injectContentLength(Object(WHMCS\ClientArea))
#6 /var/www/billing/clientarea.php(0): Zend\Diactoros\Response\SapiEmitter->emit(Object(WHMCS\ClientArea))
#7 {main}