RequestDelete after domain status change

Ultime Hosting

Hello guys,

I'm in need of some help please, I'm not a very advanced developer, however I need to get my WHMCS to automatically send Domain delete request to the registrar after domain status is changed from Grace to Grace Redemption, for a specific registrar module.

I know it can be done by hook or cron, however I need some help clue to start from.

Can anyone help plz.

Thanks in advance.

Are you sure that the registrar module you're using allows the domain delete command?

BTW: usually, issuing a domain delete command if a domain is in redemption mode it's not only not required, but it's also impossible.

What is the domain extension involved? And what's the registrar module you're using? 

6 minutes ago, Ultime Hosting said:

I'm using a genericEPP registrar module, it the deleterequest isnt sent the domain is automatically renewed.

That just sounds like you need to set the default action to be taken when the domain expires. This should be set with the domain registrar.

With Hexonet, you will have a setting like this in their control panel.

rr4zr4E.png

AFAIK, WHMCS sets the status based on the expiry date. If the domain is past expiry date, the status will be set to expired. If you've defined a grace period, status will be set to Grace Period for the amount of days that you have configured.

You could create a hook that would run during the daily cron. Search for domains in the database with status=grace, select the name and run the code that would delete the domain with your registrar.

3 hours ago, Ultime Hosting said:

This can't be done on registrar level as we done have access to. 

This seems a very strange management of the registrar you're using...

If auto-renew is enabled, it's done BEFORE expiration date; for some TLDs, it may be done during grace period.

I don't know any TLD which may have auto-renew at rhe end of grace period (also because during grace period a domain is usually parked, and so no one would be happy to have a domain which every year does not work for 3 to 4 weeks ...

9 hours ago, Ultime Hosting said:

Unfortunately I'm not the registrar i'm just using their service, and I'm stuck looking for a solution to dont have many domains renewed without payment, because I'm paying for them instead.

Have you actually contacted your registrar about this? I don't know any registrar that doesn't allow you to set automatic expire.

10 hours ago, Ultime Hosting said:

That's the main idea, but any tutorial on how i can do it ?!

... There's no way for us to know. It will be different from each registrar. If you don't have any experience in coding, please be careful! You might end up deleting domains that shouldn't be deleted.

The idea is the follow, the registrar is a ccTLD registrar. they have a grace period of 30days, in those 30 days the domain continue to work normally, if we dont send a delete request the domain is automatically renewed, and billed to us.

I spoke with the registrar support and the confirmed that the autorenewal can't be disabled from their side, and we must send the deleterequest in the 30 grace period, if we send it before it's automatically rejected.

So my main goal is to automate some task when domain status changes (based on status or expiry date)

1st is to change the domain's namesever once it's reaches expiry date. so it will point to our parking page.

2nd is to automatically send the deleterequest when the domain reaches the redemption period (5 last days  of the grace period or 25days after expiry).

I'm stuck in this situation so if guys have any clue that can help me, I'll be very grateful to you guys.

BTW I already saw other provider working with the same registrar and WHMCS which have these option enabled. (maybe they did their own code).

Thanks for your help

Again:

Have you the source code of the registrar module you're using?

If "yes": something may be done

If "no": maybe it's an impossible mission.

Beside that: knowing what is the Registrar you're using would be very helpful to find a fix (if any). And I can't find any reasonable reason to keep it secret.

Advanced issues found

52 minutes ago, Ultime Hosting said:

I have the souce hode, it's genericepp module  

This genericepp? https://marketplace.whmcs.com/product/2822

(which, I guess, it's the same as https://github.com/XPanel/Generic-EPP-with-DNSsec-Registrar-Module-for-WHMCS )

It's strange, because an EEP module is supposed to be used by a Registrar to interact with a Registry, and not to be used by a Reseller (you) to Interact with a Registrar.

Then, again:

who is the Registrar you're using?

Without this information, help you is nearly impossible. And very time-wasting, both for you and for anyone who may want to help you.

Advanced issue found

7 minutes ago, Ultime Hosting said:

It is the right module, sorry misexplained, i'm the registrar, and we're interacting with the registry.

This explains the issue (which was nonsense in a Reseller -> Registrar environment... while makes sense in Registrar -> Registry)

What is the TLD (or TLDs) you're managing?

(Note: each TLD usually has its own rules on how and when you're allowed to delete a domain... i.e., .it domains are allowed to be freely deleted only in days 1 to 12 after their expiration; to delete them in any other moment. you're required to collect an undersigned document from the Registrant) 

13 minutes ago, Ultime Hosting said:

Exactly, it's .ma domain, and follows up the same policy, delete request must be sent in the 30days after expiry.

Also need to be able to change ns right after expiry.

Among the Registry, expire date will be updated only after 30 days since expiring?
That's to say, .i.e.:

testdomain.ma, espiring date 10/4/2020

10/04/2020 - the domain enters in grace period, expire date in whois is still 10/04/2020

11 /04 to 10/05: the domain is in grace period mode (or autorenew mode), expire date in whois is 10/04/2020

10/05/20: domain renews, whois expire date becames 10/04/2021

?  

The scenario is the following:

Testdomain.ma expires on the 10/04/2020, the domain enters grace period starting from that date (10/04/2020 to 09/05/2020), the expiry date on the whois is the same 10/04/2020

If no action taken testdomain.ma in automatically renewed on the 10/05/2020, and the new expiry date on the whois is the 10/04/2021. (we got a new bill for the renewal, which is sometimes not covered by client who doesn't want to renew their domain)

So our need is to take action before renewal to send the requestdelete. Also we need to change domain NS on expiry to land the domain on our parking page so the customer understand that their domain is expired, and then change the nameservers back to his custom NS if the domain is renewed.

I guess both action can be done in the same manner. but the most urgent one is the requestdelete.

Thanks in advance,