Add funds/Prefunding in 3.5.x, how does it work?

polyglot2

This is a rather silly question, but I don't see any option to do Add funds/prefunding in the Client Area. How do they work? Do they work on a per-client or per-invoice basis? Also, on the Admin area, Clients Profile, there has always been (since 3.3.x IIRC) a Credit field, is that different from Add funds?

When the client logs in, just beneath their affiliates, account details (ie number of hosting accounts/domains etc), it shows the option - ADD FUNDS.

When they add funds, it gets added to their credit balance, (which as you say has been there since 3.3.x) However, this enables the client to add funds to it rather than from overpayments or admin adding the credits.

My understanding then is: Invoices are raised, as the api runs, it checks the clients credit balance and debits it to make payment on the invoice. Any overdue balance left on the invoice (if the credit in the account wasn't enough) is then treated in the same way on the due date and an attempt is made to collect it via the selected gateway.

Si

P.S. One thing I'm not clear on is from an accounting point of view. If a customer adds credit to their account, they do so by creating an invoice (say for £200). Then their hosting/domain invoices are raised, which (lets say) totals £200. This means, that although they have paid us £200, they have actually generated invoices for £400. Just getting my head around that one at the minute.

My understanding then is: Invoices are raised, as the api runs, it checks the clients credit balance and debits it to make payment on the invoice.

I certainly *hope* it doesnt raise an INVOICE for the pre-payment amount as that would be completely illogical, yes it should send a reciept for the credit, but it cant invoice, as there's no supply and no product to calculate Tax %ages for etc.

It just needs to add the transaction, update the credit amount and send a receipt, the invoice will be created when they order/renew/upgrade etc,

I cant comment for certain as we've not deployed 3.5.x yet as I've noticed a few things which dont seem to be quite right so need to do more testing.

• 4 weeks later...

Si,

Thanks for the explanation. Of course, there's a configuration option under General > Credit > [x] Tick this box to enable adding of funds by clients in the client area. Which I hadn't checked so the Add funds option was not visible.

Will try it out, as well as the invoicing issue.

Si,

Thanks for the explanation. Of course, there's a configuration option under General > Credit > [x] Tick this box to enable adding of funds by clients in the client area. Which I hadn't checked so the Add funds option was not visible.

Will try it out, as well as the invoicing issue.

Matt has addressed this issue in another thread. There is an invoice raised for adding credits. There is also an invoice raised for services, but when the credits from the customers account is applied to those service invoices, the balance of the invoice is reduced, which means no double accounting.

Si