Product Quantity in configure product page whmcs

REDOUANE

Hi guys,

Can anyone please show me how to display quantity product (like in cart) and also possibility to edit quantity, i know there's a configurable options but i want work without it.

This is the second topic in whmcs and no response, pls help me.

Best regards.

Edited by REDOUANE

3 hours ago, REDOUANE said:

Can anyone please show me how to display quantity product (like in cart) and also possibility to edit quantity,

as you are probably aware, for products that have multiple quantities enabled, you could view/edit the value at the viewcart stage, but the configureproduct template doesn't have access to the current quantity of a product - e.g if you go back to it from the viewcart page, then the qty variable is always 0 (regardless of the qty set at viewcart)... the session array would store the correct qty value, and so therefore, that could be use for display purpose if necessary.

I know the quantity is shown in the order summary box during the product configuration stage, but that's a different template with different variables, so not relevant to your question.

i know there's a configurable options but i want work without it.

it's worth noting that when you offer multiple product quantities, e.g if a client orders 100 of a particular product, then they will have 100 separate, but identical, entries in their My Services & Products page....

grjgqIr.png

however, if you were to use configurable options instead, then they will only have one entry in the above page - so you might want to consider from a users point of view whether using configurable options would be easier for them.

This is the second topic in whmcs and no response, pls help me.

the other being moving domain search to the configureproduct stage ?

as a general rule, the WHMCS cart (as currently designed) isn't flexible enough to easily move stages from their current order - it has, for as long as i've used it, always been...

1. choose a product.
  2. optionally choose a domain.
  3. optionally configure the product.
  4. optionally configure the domain.
  5. viewcart/checkout.

if it were a simple template/hook tweak to switch parts of one step to another step, then users would all be doing it... but it's not and they aren't. 🙂

I don't know which template you are using, but perhaps you would be better off using a one-page orderform, where the different steps are less apparent (though most of them will still follow the above steps in one form or another).

20 hours ago, REDOUANE said:

Can show input that we have in configurable options to to cart, then we can edit without go back to configurable options page ?

yes - if they haven't yet checked out, then there should be an "edit" button on viewcart that allows them to return to the product configuration page and change the configurable options... it is certainly an option on Standard Cart, though i've seem some custom orderform templates not include that link.

2W8Bc9u.png

also, after the product has been ordered and setup, if you have enabled "Configurable Options" on the Upgrades tab in the product setup....

wu6gwcd.png

... the user will see an Upgrade/Downgrade Options link in the sidebar that will allow them to change the configurable option values and an invoice will be generated if applicable.

stWeetV.png

37 minutes ago, brian! said:

yes - if they haven't yet checked out, then there should be an "edit" button on viewcart that allows them to return to the product configuration page and change the configurable options... it is certainly an option on Standard Cart, though i've seem some custom orderform templates not include that link.

Yes i know that there's a button "edit", but my issue is i don't want to go back to product configuration page,  if there a possibility to display quantity input in checkout page ?

thank you so much.

44 minutes ago, REDOUANE said:

Yes i know that there's a button "edit", but my issue is i don't want to go back to product configuration page,  if there a possibility to display quantity input in checkout page ?

not easily... I think it could be done, but would require a lot of testing and so probably isn't worth the effort - i'm not aware of anyone doing this previously (and if they have, it would have been for commercial reasons and so they wouldn't explain how to here!).

as I said before, if you have an issue with the cart stages, you might be better off buying a one-page checkout template where those steps are less apparent to the user.

On 2/6/2020 at 3:22 PM, brian! said:

as I said before, if you have an issue with the cart stages, you might be better off buying a one-page checkout template where those steps are less apparent to the user.

Hi @brian!

Can you please advice for a one page checkout, do you know some templates ?

Thank you !