Jump to content
garybarr

Can't connect to pop.gmail.com,995

Recommended Posts

Over the last couple months, I started getting the error:

One or more POP3 connections failed:

-----
Tech Support <support@mydomainhere.com>
Error: Connection error: Can't connect to pop.gmail.com,995: Network is unreachable

 

The funny thing is, if we send emails to that email, it works fine by creating a support ticket.  So, it seems to be working, even though I get this error via email.  What is the problem is I'm getting this email every 5 minutes and sometimes it does it for hours creating hundreds of emails.  Eventually, it will stop and work find for days/weeks, before this happens again.  Sometimes it drops 2-5 of them and goes back to work, but then like tonight, I've got 80 so far today.

I thought it was something with my App Password, so I created a new one and copy/pasted it wrong the first time, so I got:

Error: Connection error: Can not authenticate to POP3 server: [AUTH] Username and password not accepted.

I re-entered the password properly and it went back to the original error... So in my mistake on the password, I seemed to verify that it IS authenticating with Google, so I'm clueless on why I am getting this error over and over, when the system IS working properly.

 

Ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As of this morning, I have 418 emails that just say:  (and yes, I replaced my domain with blank.com, that isn't what really is there.)

One or more POP3 connections failed:

-----
Tech Support <support@blank.com>
Error: Connection error: Can't connect to pop.gmail.com,995: Network is unreachable
-----
Billing Department <billing@blank.com>
Error: Connection error: Can't connect to pop.gmail.com,995: Network is unreachable
-----

WHMCSThis notification was automatically generated by WHMCS
 

 

Yet, it IS opening tickets properly when an email comes into those email addresses.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

i am with the same issue, did you solve it?

thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I setup a new Google Apps password for the accounts and it went back to working.

If you use the password for the account, it'll work for a while, then all of a sudden stop.  So you will want to go to go:

"Manage your Google Account" (upper right corner under your picture)

Select "Security"

Under "Signing in to Google" select "App Passwords"

Select "Other (Custom name) and call it WHMCS (anything is fine, just a recommendation), then click "Generate"

It will then give you a long password (record it, you'll have no way to find it again) and use this as your password in WHMCS.

(If you do lose the password, no big deal, delete the app password and just make a new one, no harm, no foul.)

 

----

In WHMCS, make sure you have:

Hostname:  pop.gmail.com  (even if you have your own G-Suite domain name)

POP3 Port: 995

Email address:  whatever@yourdomain.com

Email Pass:  Use the Google Apps password.

 

----

 

Hope this helps!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi

thanks a lot for your great help!!!

one note, that option only appears when you have 2 step verification

thanks!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, thanks for pointing that out.   I've found that if you don't have 2-step verification on, Google will start blocking connections fairly regularly.  But since 2-step is on, setting up the App password... It's worked without issue since.  Glad my info helped!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thank you for taking time answering me

have a great day!

Rod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I started running into a similar problem:

Support <support@mydomain.com>
Error: Connection error: No such host as pop.gmail.com

 

I found in my etc/resolv.conf I only had one nameserver set to point to my dedicated servers ISP...  Turns out THEY were having DNS server issues, causing my outages.  So in that file, I changed it to :

nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 8.8.4.4

And the error  has went away and stayed away.  (For those that don't know, that is Google's Free DNS servers that are very reliable.)

 

Just thought I would update this in case others run into it, or I run into it in the future on another server and forgot what I did.  LOL

Edited by garybarr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, garybarr said:

(For those that don't know, that is Google's Free DNS servers that are very reliable.)

Bear in mind if you're using spam filtering where it checks RBLs, you might see errors using those. Many of the RBLs limit connections, and Googles DNS is used by a ton of people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Guidelines and understand your posts will initially be pre-moderated