Termination of accounts question

sahostking

The way I understand it is that whmcs terminates accounts when "Enable Termination" is ticked only based on overdue date?

Wouldn't it be wise and safer to also check the status that is set on the account if its in "Suspended", "Terminated", or "Cancelled" statuses aswell? Rather than just one.

We found 2 accounts this morning that had due date past but accounts are marked "Active" and "Do not suspend" options were ticked but they were terminated it seems.

Is this correct or do we have some issue in our system we not spotting  yet?

3 hours ago, sahostking said:

Is this correct or do we have some issue in our system we not spotting  yet?

I think from what you describe, that process sounds "normal" to me - suspension and termination are independent of each other, so if suspension didn't kick in after x days (because DNS was enabled), that wouldn't stop termination triggering after y days.

44 minutes ago, sahostking said:

So you saying I should just add a feature request to request an option like "Do not delete accounts in Active State" or something like that

if I start actively suggesting users submit a feature request for things like this, then either i've gone mad, or someone at WHMCS has taken over my account! 🙂

feature requests can usually take WHMCS 4+ years to complete, so I always consider them only useful for "wouldn't it be nice if WHMCS could do x one day" type circumstances... so if this is one of those circumstances for you, and you're happy to wait, then submitting a request is an option... though if you're going down that road, i'd suggest checking whether there is an existing similar request first - because multiple requests with only a couple of votes will get nowhere.

for example, there is a feature request here, 6+ years old, with 2 votes, about "I have enabled option to automate termination of overdue services (in 7 days after due date). But sometimes customers ask do not terminate account for a few weeks. So I need that some service remain suspended, but was not automatically terminated."... but that's now archived and I can't believe that a 3rd, 4th or 10th vote would make any different to it becoming completed.

possibly if WHMCS were already making changes around termination during a beta period, it might be worth piping up then in the beta forums - but I can see no changes in that respect in the latest beta release notes/changelog.

in reality, if you need to do something with WHMCS soon (e.g any reasonable time-frame), then you will have to find the solution yourself - that could be through coding, an existing off-the-shelf solution or getting a developer in to write something.

On 27/11/2019 at 07:42, sahostking said:

Wouldn't it be wise and safer to also check the status that is set on the account if its in "Suspended", "Terminated", or "Cancelled" statuses aswell? Rather than just one.

that would be a PreModuleTerminate hook, which runs before termination occurs - so in that hook code, you could check the status of the service to be terminated, and if it's suspended/cancelled (or whatever conditions you want to check), prevent the termination occurring for that service.