create a promotion

thanks for your reply,

i didn't place anything in other place, i just create promotion for somme products

so, is there another steps todo for promotions to be applied ?

what does it mean code box ??? and where i can find it ?

where i can find biling code ??

promo.PNG

Edited by ouldfella

1 hour ago, ouldfella said:

i didn't place anything in other place, i just create promotion for somme products

so, is there another steps todo for promotions to be applied ?

yes - either the client has to enter the promo code themselves when ordering...

RpN6PKE.png

or you pass the promotion code in the URL link to the product (or cart)...

https://docs.whmcs.com/Promotions#Promotion_Links

possibly your custom orderform theme doesn't include a promo code area for the clients to enter their codes into - I had a quick look, and I couldn't see one.

18 hours ago, DigitalBS said:

How would he/we add it to the order form?

as a starting point, i'd copy & paste the code from standard_cart/viewcart.tpl (lines 386->450, but take out the estimate taxes tab 418-448)... that will tell you whether you can add/remove promo codes that way in your custom template... if/when it works,m then it's just a case of adjusting the styling/divs to suit your exiting form design.

though if it was a commercial orderform template, i'd suggest going back to its developers and seeing if the feature already exists somewhere in the template.

3 hours ago, ouldfella said:

is there a way to add promotion code to the link in backend interface ?

in the admin area? not really.

3 hours ago, ouldfella said:

or i must edit a source code ?

editing the link would be the easiest way, either to the product groups (as you have done in your menu), or to individual products on their Buy Now buttons..

theoretically, if you had a lot of products, it might be worth considering using hooks, and/or modifying a products template, to add the appropriate promo codes to each product/group - but whether that's feasible depends on your ordering process... I think it would be doable with Six/SC, but you're not using them!

also remember that you can only use one promo code in the cart, so if they ordered shared hosting and a VPS (each with their own promo code), then only one promo code would be applied.