Add Custom text on Product details page

Hello,

How can add Custom text on Product  details page as per the Group name.. For example if group is shared,  I want to show text "Text SHARED DEMO" , If group is reseller then text would be "Text : RESELLER DEMO"

Do I need to use hook or should I page changes directly in overview.tpl file? 

Edited by techwthquestion

17 hours ago, techwthquestion said:

How can add Custom text on Product  details page as per the Group name.. For example if group is shared,  I want to show text "Text SHARED DEMO" , If group is reseller then text would be "Text : RESELLER DEMO" 

Do I need to use hook or should I page changes directly in overview.tpl file?  

if you're replacing, or adding to, text that is already there, you might be able to do it with a hook - though that is always dependent upon *where* you want to output the text.

for example, let's assume that a product details [age contained a product from a product group of "Shared Hosting"... the basic hook below would add some text below that and before the product name...

<?php

# Product Details Additional Text Hook
# Written by brian!

function product_details_additional_text_hook($vars)
{
	if ($vars['groupname'] == "Shared Hosting") {
		$groupname = $vars['groupname']."<br>Brian's Special Department";
		return array("groupname" => $groupname);
	}
}
add_hook("ClientAreaProductDetailsPreModuleTemplate", 1, "product_details_additional_text_hook");

aGN5dt5.png

basically, the hook is just replacing an existing variable with itself plus additional text...

if you wanted to add text in the template, then I suspect it would more likely be clientareaproductdetails.tpl rather than overview.tpl - but as always, that depends where the text is that you want to update.

15 minutes ago, brian! said:

if you're replacing, or adding to, text that is already there, you might be able to do it with a hook - though that is always dependent upon *where* you want to output the text.

for example, let's assume that a product details [age contained a product from a product group of "Shared Hosting"... the basic hook below would add some text below that and before the product name...

<?php

# Product Details Additional Text Hook
# Written by brian!

function product_details_additional_text_hook($vars)
{
	if ($vars['groupname'] == "Shared Hosting") {
		$groupname = $vars['groupname']."<br>Brian's Special Department";
		return array("groupname" => $groupname);
	}
}
add_hook("ClientAreaProductDetailsPreModuleTemplate", 1, "product_details_additional_text_hook");

aGN5dt5.png

basically, the hook is just replacing an existing variable with itself plus additional text...

if you wanted to add text in the template, then I suspect it would more likely be clientareaproductdetails.tpl rather than overview.tpl - but as always, that depends where the text is that you want to update.

Hello Sir,

Thank you for your reply. 

Actually, I have created a small box to show connection information. I have added my code in overview.tpl and it is working. I need to show custom text in that bax. Its a simple html code I have used. 

I want to show different text as per the group type. So Can you modify code and tell me how can I use to for my custom text box? 

On 08/10/2019 at 18:46, techwthquestion said:

I want to show different text as per the group type. So Can you modify code and tell me how can I use to for my custom text box? 

in your html box, you could do use Smarty to output your conditional text...

{if $groupname eq "Shared Hosting"}SHARED DEMO{elseif $groupname eq "Reseller Hosting"}RESELLER DEMO{/if}

note that the text in the quotes must be the same as your Product Group name.

Edited by brian!