Better email style

Jbro

9 hours ago, Jbro said:

Need better email style  , Where to begin?  Any premade email style I can just copy and paste in there?

there's a free email template in Marketplace, Lagom - though I think installation looks to be a little more involved than just copy & pasting. 🙂

checking my bookmarks, I found an old GitHub link...

https://github.com/denverprophitjr/whmcs-responsive-email-templates

... but the mail template styling haven't changed in years, so should still be applicable to the latest versions.

though once you become familiar with how/where the header/body/footer are split, then you can take most email templates and convert them into WHMCS templates.

1 hour ago, brian! said:

there's a free email template in Marketplace, Lagom - though I think installation looks to be a little more involved than just copy & pasting. 🙂

checking my bookmarks, I found an old GitHub link...

https://github.com/denverprophitjr/whmcs-responsive-email-templates

... but the mail template styling haven't changed in years, so should still be applicable to the latest versions.

though once you become familiar with how/where the header/body/footer are split, then you can take most email templates and convert them into WHMCS templates.

Thanks I downloaded it but in the instruction for installation it says

## Installation
1. Copy Stylesheet to Settings => General => Email => Stylesheet
2. Copy header.tpl content to Settings => General => Email => Header
3. Coy footer.tpl content to Settings => General => Email => footer
4. Edit every message and replace its content with all the various *.tpl file's content.

I have no idea what it means.   I do not have in my whmcs settings general email styleheet ?

3 minutes ago, Jbro said:

I have no idea what it means.   I do not have in my whmcs settings general email styleheet ?

I would suspect that it's talking about setup -> general settings -> mail and the three fields in there (Global Email CSS Styling / Client Email Header & Footer)...

that said, after having taken another look, I never noticed that you have to edit all the individual email templates... they will definitely have changed in the last 4 years, so I wouldn't recommend this solution now.... any decent email solution should just need to change the three fields, it shouldn't really need to touch any of the email templates.

17 hours ago, Jbro said:

Lagom  is also useless just a way to get your email address unless you make payment and I do not want to fill up my whmcs with all those addons  just for email to look better

I daresay you could use a fake email address (though you might need to access it) if you want to avoid using a real email address during signup - though i'm with you in that I rarely complete registration forms just to get free solutions like this.

you don't necessarily need an addon for the template, it can be installed manually.

https://lagom.rsstudio.net/docs/extensions/email-template.html

17 hours ago, Jbro said:

so I give up I will make it clean myself

I have posted previously about splitting an email template into the component parts to make it WHMCS compatible, but it was back in the old Forums days and I can't find the thread... hope the cleansing goes well.