Link Products to Products Addons as default

enghausen

Hi,

I am trying to get my head around WHMCS and if it can fit my needs. I have three Products/Services(servers with special configurations) in my catalog and I need to link these three servers to some Products Addons. My Products/Services are more like "empty" shells configured as "Auto Release" module and my Products Addons have a module creating the servers with special configuration for me.

A Products/Services have 4-5 different Products Addons to make the "whole" Products.  I started out trying to make this as a "Bundle", but my customer needs all the 4-5 Addons to make a Product, it will not work if the customer can cancel some part of it.

Can I somehow make a Product with some default Product Addons and not making my customers enable to select or deselect some of them? I am pretty stuck on this setup....

Cheers,

14 hours ago, enghausen said:

A Products/Services have 4-5 different Products Addons to make the "whole" Products.  I started out trying to make this as a "Bundle", but my customer needs all the 4-5 Addons to make a Product, it will not work if the customer can cancel some part of it.

the lazy workaround to that is usually to price the individual components very expensively and use a price override in the bundle to discount it to a "normal" price... that way, if they remove any part of the bundle, they'd pay excessively for the other parts... as I said, it's lazy.

14 hours ago, enghausen said:

Can I somehow make a Product with some default Product Addons and not making my customers enable to select or deselect some of them? I am pretty stuck on this setup....

not without additional coding I think... I suppose you could, for a given product, hide the addons in the orderform (with them enabled by default) so that they couldn't be removed - that might require tweaks to viewcart to disable the option to remove these components

alternatively, if you can throw money at this, there is the Product Linker addon by ModulesGarden that might be applicable to your situation...

Allows you to create order relations between your products, addons and configurable options to sell them in bundles. Owing to our module your clients will be enabled to buy multiple products, addons and configurable options by ordering at least one of them! What is more, you will be able to bolster your offer with flexible and automatically adjusting promo codes.

The module will let your customers buy for example a VPS account with ready cPanel license by ordering just one product specified by you. Furthermore, when module command is called on the main product (e.g. Create), the same action is called on all child products. This is a fantastic, time saving and convenient feature! Moreover, our module will allow you to view, filter, delete or even switch prices between existing connections used by your customers.

I would suggest that you contact them first before buying the addon - in fact, there should be a 7 day trial version available from them, so I would also suggest trialling before buying to see if it's suitable for your needs.