View/Search Clients with a credit Balance

Vox

When you open the "View/Search Clients" tab there is an "Advanced Search" option.

Can anyone tell me how to use the "Credit Balance" field to show all clients with a positive credit balance?

I've tried everything that I can think of (e.g. >, gt, neq, etc) but it only seems to work for discrete values e.g. 1 or 22.99 etc

I know that I can go to the "Reports" section and start running specific reports for this info and then go back and search for each individual client but this seems a bit of a waste of time.

If we have got a specific field shown in the "Advanced Search"I would expect that this is just "basic" functionality - or am I mistaken? Please see the attached screenshot.

Search Clients.jpg

22 minutes ago, Vox said:

If we have got a specific field shown in the "Advanced Search"I would expect that this is just "basic" functionality - or am I mistaken?

I suspect you're mistaken and that it will just accept discrete values

25 minutes ago, Vox said:

I know that I can go to the "Reports" section and start running specific reports for this info and then go back and search for each individual client but this seems a bit of a waste of time.

it wouldn't be particularly difficult to write a custom report to do that, e.g hyperlink the client names and add a greater than option in the filters..

though as a SQL query, you would only need to use the query below to get a list of clients with credit....

SELECT * FROM tblclients WHERE tblclients.credit > 0

Hi @brian!,

19 minutes ago, brian! said:

I suspect you're mistaken and that it will just accept discrete values

That's a shame, it could be such a useful function....😞

From my perspective, if I'm looking for a customer with a discrete credit balance of say 17.64, the chances are I already know who the customer is....

Thanks for the tip on the custom report!