Service Retired!!

faisal

Hi,

We have one service that is no more available so I check the (Retired check box) but the problem is our staff can't find it in the (Admin area -> Clients -> Products/Services -> Search/Filter -> Product/Service) So they can can manage it if needed. any tips?!!

And what if we want the clients who have this service not to be able to renew this service any more when there time is done and not create an invoice for it, and maybe send or show some kind of reminder or a note at client Products/Services page details.

Is this possible?

Thank you

Edited by faisal

5 hours ago, faisal said:

We have one service that is no more available so I check the (Retired check box) but the problem is our staff can't find it in the (Admin area -> Clients -> Products/Services -> Search/Filter -> Product/Service) So they can can manage it if needed. any tips?!!

that's expected behaviour as retiring a product removes it from both client and admin areas...

https://docs.whmcs.com/Hiding_and_Retiring_Products

perhaps you would be better off hiding the product instead of retiring it - if it's hidden and not retired, then your admins should still be able to see the product in their searches.

additionally, to avoid users using a direct link to add a hidden product to the cart, you could enable stock control and set it's quantity to 0 - and then it will always be out of stock and not available to purchase.

5 hours ago, faisal said:

And what if we want the clients who have this service not to be able to renew this service any more when there time is done and not create an invoice for it.

cancel the service and no recurring invoices should be generated...

https://docs.whmcs.com/Products_Management#Admin_Scheduled_Cancellations

6 hours ago, faisal said:

and maybe send or show some kind of reminder or a note at client Products/Services page details. 

if you cancel a service, then it will appear as cancelled in their product list... other options would be available including using the Marketer to send an email, or adding a message in the client area...

Thank you brian!

That is what I already did: make it hidden and set quantity to 0

I am not sure about canceling the service from the clients what will happen?

The server will still work until the end of the period or what!

I want the client to pick a new server/service from the store and not continue with the current one.

1 hour ago, faisal said:

I am not sure about cancelling the service from the clients what will happen? 

The server will still work until the end of the period or what!

as the docs state...

As an admin user, you can schedule the termination of a product at the end of the currently active period by going to the Products/Services tab, ticking the Auto-Terminate End of Cycle option and optionally entering a reason/note for it. Any unpaid invoices for the product will be cancelled and will suppress any further renewal invoices from generating for this product and terminate it when the next due date is reached.

so yes, it will still work until the end of the current billing cycle.

3 hours ago, faisal said:

I want the client to pick a new server/service from the store and not continue with the current one.

maybe you could consider using the Product Upgrades option instead, telling these clients that the current product is ending (perhaps using the Marketer) and that they should upgrade to product x before the end of their cycle... that way, there will be no need to cancel the original product and they can upgrade to the new product... and then once no clients are using this old discontinued product, you'll be able to delete it from WHMCS.