Trimming Order Summary - Update 7.8.1

Ragonz

Related to

Since the upgrade to 7.8.1 this has stopped working and I'm not quite sure what needs changing now, what would be the code to achieve this now bearing in mind I was using

{if $configoption.name|strstr:'('}{$configoption.name|strstr:'(':true}{else}{$configoption.name}{/if}

11 minutes ago, Ragonz said:

Since the upgrade to 7.8.1 this has stopped working and I'm not quite sure what needs changing now, what would be the code to achieve this now bearing in mind I was using

{if $configoption.name|strstr:'('}{$configoption.name|strstr:'(':true}{else}{$configoption.name}{/if}

did you remember to add the above code back into ordersummary.tpl ?? i'm not seeing it in your standard_cart/ordersummary template...

Nope, because I'm not sure where to add it, I wrote a document a long time ago that reminds me what to do after a WHMCS upgrade and it tells me to

6. Update order summery to remove item descriptions

Go to templates/standard_Cart/ordersummary.tpl

Change {$configoption.name}

To

However

{$configoption.name} does not exist in the file anymore

it's still there in standard_cart/ordersummary.tpl ~ line 13...

<span class="pull-left">&nbsp;&raquo; {$configoption.name}: {$configoption.optionname}</span>

which I assume you will need to change to...

<span class="pull-left"> » {if $configoption.name|strstr:'('}{$configoption.name|strstr:'(':true}{else}{$configoption.name}{/if}: {$configoption.optionname}</span>

• 4 months later...

7.9.1 seems to have broken this again, guide says to change

6. Update order summery to remove item descriptions 

Go to templates/standard_Cart/ordersummary.tpl

Change <span class="pull-left">&nbsp;&raquo; {$configoption.name}: {$configoption.optionname}</span>

To 

<span class="pull-left"> » {if $configoption.name|strstr:'('}{$configoption.name|strstr:'(':true}{else}{$configoption.name}{/if}: {$configoption.optionname}</span> 

However when this is done the order summary clients can see is blank

7 hours ago, Ragonz said:

However when this is done the order summary clients can see is blank

perhaps it doesn't like the double caret that somehow appeared in the pasted code...

<span class="pull-left">&nbsp;&raquo; {if $configoption.name|strstr:'('}{$configoption.name|strstr:'(':true}{else}{$configoption.name}{/if}: {$configoption.optionname}</span>