Add a tertiary navbar using hooks

2 hours ago, DennisMidjord said:

We need to make a tertiary navbar in WHMCS for users that are logged in. Is there any way to do this?

nice use of the word tertiary. 🙂

the problem is what do you mean by it - do you mean a 3 level navbar, e.g parent -> child -> grandchild megamenu, or a third different navbar for logged in users ???

3 minutes ago, brian! said:

nice use of the word tertiary. 🙂

Thanks! 😉

4 minutes ago, brian! said:

the problem is what do you mean by it

I actually mean a third navbar (like $primaryNavbar and $secondaryNavbar). I've also tried to achieve "grandchild" menu for the primary navbar before (for another project), but gave up.

1 hour ago, DennisMidjord said:

I actually mean a third navbar (like $primaryNavbar and $secondaryNavbar).

hmmm... reference to primary & secondary navbar creation will be hardcoded, so whether you could easily add a tertiary option, I don't know as I haven't tried... but instinctively, it feels doable. - fundamentally, it's just n array that you're looping through.

the good news is that WHMCS didn't write the core menu code, it based on code from a GitHub.

whether you could cheat, create a sidebar, but output it as a third navbar I think would be doable - i've certainly posted code previously that outputted a sidebar as a navbar (or maybe the other way around).

2 hours ago, DennisMidjord said:

I've also tried to achieve "grandchild" menu for the primary navbar before (for another project), but gave up.

that's the spirit. 🙂

you'd certainly need to alter the navbar.tpl template, but whether the array can handle more than 2 levels itself, I don't know... I think I played with that years ago, got nowhere and gave up.

you can fake it using "Advanced Menu Manager" from Marketplace

mKwUwuC.png

it fakes it by creating a CSS menu that looks the same as the default Six navbar, but allows multiple levels... whether you can go beyond 3 levels, I don't know as I never tried... but as you can see from the screenshot, you can certainly use it to add grandchild links.